or Connect

Posts by moma justice

i am really feeling concerned that 5 year old (recently turned 5) is not learning social behaviors ideal for her age....and that maybe she just CAN'T under my supervision. i was a public school teacher...so i do remember how much ps socialization sucked, but how does this socialization thing work with hs???? i want her to be wild and free AND normal and appropriate. not biting, screaming, pushing, grabbing etc......
rainforestmaths.com yes it has an "s" for maths it is free and excellent for all kinds of math skills and all kinds of levels. we like it.
so my child is just turned 5 and reading on a upper highschool (decoding and comprehension) level and mid elem level math. if she does not have lots of activity/advanced stimulation, she becomes angry, violent, frustrated. we do lots of art, sewing, handcrafts, reading, puzzles, field trips, math games (yatzi), and we are taking an online spanish course together. i wish she had more independent time away from me, but we are maxed out financially so all the lessons...
so what are my legal rights in the state of NC for a homeschool child with special ed needs as far as testing, reasources, and/or access to the public school classroom...without full time enrollment? thanks!
subbing i have always wanted to post a flyer asking for a spaniish speaking mom/child play date where i can help her with english and she can help me with spanish and the kids could play bilingually....it seems really organic. have yet to actually do it though...
PrennaMama thank you for your post! and i am sorry if some of you sounded a little judgmental of me and my feelings/ideas... i really did come here for info, as i did not really understand the relationship between attachment disorder and control (etc) this mom and i have been put together thru divine intervention to mother together. and our dds to grow together. when my dd feels reluctant to share with others i remind her of how it feels when this friend...
thanks for the ideas this other momma and i are definitely on a shared parenting path so it is fine with me to come to her with suggestions and concerns and ideas. i am wondering that if there is some basic understanding at a public place (pool etc) that the kids share....and you go over that with your child before hand and you make sure they are not bringing favorite toy...then why is not ok to say we all share at the pool? i know my child enjoys other people's...
thank you for your info on attachment disorder but i swear to you, i have said literally all that and more (i used to be a teacher and have worked with children with special needs, so i consider myself somewhat skilled with problem solving with kids etc. but she is not really open to much discussion, fueled in part by her mother's unwillingness to try and say those things to her (that you mentioned like: "When you're done, I would like a turn. How many minutes do...
i need kind and wise gd advice we have a friend (who is now 5.5 yrs) who does not like to share (in an extreme version) her mom and i are very close friends. almost everything she owns is "too special" to share with my dd (almost 5), and i mean literally almost everything. there is no reason why on my daughter's part...she is respectful with her toys etc. the mom lets her decide if she will share or not (one time in 100 she will) and she says to her: then we...
quote: What helped in our case was to really and truly convince him that we were on his side and he could trust us. We thought we were doing everything right, but when it came down to it, we really hadn't convinced him that we liked him and would help support him when life got too tough. yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i try so hard to tell her that god gave her to us to be our dd and that she can trust us to take care of her.... but the liking her and help support her...