or Connect

Posts by stormborn

Congrats on your pregnancy! I think if you're used to the work it shouldn't be a problem especially early on. I've worked in a warehouse with heavy lifting through two pregnancies and had no problems...except towards the end when I couldn't get my arms around some things to lift them around my ginormous belly. FWIW, the loss I had before those two was when I had the least physically demanding job I've ever worked.
I'm looking for Math & Music by Wildridge Education, new or used. I would l love to have the complete set but happy to buy CD or workbooks  seperately too. Open to trades, let me know what you seek. :)
Could you phrase it as an invitation? "Dd is always hyper after school, so we're going to the park! Want to join us?" Though I must say I prefer playdates with the Dads myself...
No way; I love it. Ours is very low stress/low expectations though..if it wasn't I'm sure my response would go the other way. We do probably too much for the kids but a fair amount of it is stuff we would buy anyway: clothes (I have fun finding stuff that ties into their favorites), sports equipment, books, music, crafting stuff,etc. DH & I do mostly practical things too. My Mom and his Grandmom get harder every year just due to age...if they want it they mostly have it or...
I haven't done mine in awhile, but nothing alarming comes up for the kids. Dd1 is the only one with her first/last so hers comes up on a local paper's flicker account for winning an art contest and (strangely) listed as a survivor in an obituary for a verrrry distant relative by marriage when she was 2 weeks old. I know there's video of her out there that we gave permission to be used as a promo for her medieval swordplay collective but they use "battle names" there so...
Wow, I can't believe she hasn't been called on that by her city or homeowners insurance! Here even wading pools over a certain gallon capacity have to be fenced, and we don't even live in a hot area where most houses have them. To answer your question- not just no but HELL NO. If she doesn't see the danger there, especially after a near tragedy right there in front of her, I would question her judgement in other things. If she really wants to babysit it won't hurt her to...
Oh, I'm so sorry about your Dad and your little girls' Grandpa. I want to let you know that you've done your dd a world of good by allowing her to be there and to say goodbye in her way. I was a little older (7.5)when my Dad died of cancer and the adults kept me completely in the dark about the situation. No blame there..it was a different time and they meant well but it prolonged the grieving process. My girls were 8 & 1 when my stepdad died, he lived with us their...
Here too. Three pregnancies, one loss. The only symptom I've ever gotten is having to pee every ten minutes.
It got easier for us, too. My girls are 5.5 and 11 and there's a world of difference since she was 2! Two year olds as a group do NOT like to share Mama, IME, especially with siblings. I think what helped besides age was staggering bedtimes enough that I had a 1-2 hour block with older dd most days. Just knowing she had my undivided attention at those times made her able to handle me having to bounce back and forth finding things to occupy her sister later without blowing...
Hi Sandra! Glad you found this site. It saved my sanity a few times on the crazy journey, especially with my first one. Think you'll have a Valentines' Day baby?