or Connect

Posts by ColoradanMom

I'm sorry - especially the awkward thing with the neighbors We're still waiting for #2 but #3 might be a hard sell for DH. I thought we were on the same page about it, because we two names picked out and we talk about "them" (our imaginary babies) from time to time in our long-term planning. Then the other day, he starts talking about getting his surgery as soon as the next one's born.
Good question. We're gonna be in the same boat soon. I want to ttc in a year for work/school/living situation reasons which I'm really eager and impatient about but it is probably for the best, because my 3 yr old is very needy. Good luck with your transition!!
HI! Could I join in?? I just started: Chart This is my first month off the pill (2 years of that, 1 yr of Mirena, right after a pregnancy, so its been about 4 years since I've been "functioning") Definitely feeling better already, except one thing I've noticed mild cramps every day so far. It would really be a lot better for us to wait a year to TTC which feels like forever. I just decided I couldn't stand the hormones any longer! I'm not relying on the...
Thanks! That's what I've thought of is combo-ing it up. I thought about getting a diaphragm and then charting to be extra careful.
I was thinking about this the other day because of a couple experiences. One of my instructors (I'm in nursing school) was using an anology to the fact that kids need love but not to get everything they want (agreed there) but her story was that when a kid comes into your room at night, you take them by the hand and walk them to their bed and say good night, every time they do it Don't remember exactly how her story related to any content Also, one of my classmates was...
Sad. I worked at the hospital with a lot of heart babies and that would always make me sad on little boys who'd never been home before and would get it done while they were there. I was a CNA and did a lot of baths and I would be sad thinking about keeping two different wounds clean - one sternal incision on their chest from the heart surgery that was really important and then the circumcision down in the diaper area. I have my own little heart baby and I wasn't...
I really really want to try something new, but I'm scared of getting pg. My son's three - after he was born I got Mirena and kept it for a year but I hated it. Zero libido, mood issues, breast pain, frequent YIs, etc. I got it out and switched to regular BCPs. Its a ton better than the Mirena, but I still really don't like the way I feel being pumped with hormones. I still get a YI at least once a month, and the times where I decide to treat it I end up with a rebound...
What a great thread. I do have quite a bit of baby fever My son has a lot of health needs and keeping him insured is kinda an issue with our job instabilities. Both DH and I have decided to become RNs (didn't honestly have that many job prospects before anyways, so its not like we're giving up too much) I started pursuing my degree first, so I'm already in school and have to finish and find that first real job so that DH can start school. I'm done in May, then I...
Well, I'm pretty sure DH has never had any problems in 27 years- at least that he's told me about DS is 3 and nope, no forskin drama
Hi. Just thought I'd chime in, since I do have social anxiety. I am able to function and have jobs and generally get along with people but in terms of developing/keeping friendships I'm horrible. I hate parties. Besides my husband and my parents, I've never really kept up communication with anyone for more than a few years. I don't know how to make new girlfriends because I'm too afraid to ask to hang out. I've always had this voice in me that says they're going to...