or Connect

Posts by Amandzia

I haven't seen this thread in quite a while. My twins are almost 5. Wow, time flies. Lately we get asked by friends "How do you tell them apart?" I'm not annoyed. They are really just tying to figure out how to tell them apart. I just don't know what to tell them. They are actually fraternal but they do look very much alike. Should I make them get different hair cuts? My dh said we shouldn't have to do that. He says that it's not our job to make things easier...
Thank you for sharing mamafern. Your last line "i also feel like its my choice what to eat and im making it in a concious and wholebody/mind way" is very eloquent. My 13 yr old dd told the twins that meat was made from dead animals and they laughed and thought it was funny. I don't know if they really understood. Today at the wildlife rehab museum we have near our home, they watched a hawk eating dead mice and it really bothered them. At what age do they really...
That's so true. I think at various times in our lives our bodies need more of certain vitamins and minerals etc. That's just a gut feeling. I'm no nutritionist. My dh is sooo much healthier since we went mostly vegan. He does feel his body needs meat and dairy at times but in much it's becoming more and more rare and he can't consume as much of those foods without getting an upset stomach. I had a couple of months of craving meat a couple of times so I ate it and I...
Good for you for becoming a leader. My twins are going to be 4 next month and I became a leader just about a year ago. I finally feel comfortable in the role. It was very hard at first to take calls. Every time I was on the phone no matter how happy the girls were, they'd suddenly need mommy. I kept snacks handy for when the phone would ring. I also had a basket of toys reserved for when I got a LLL call but they rarely made it back to the basket after the call was...
Quote: Originally Posted by MommyofPhoebe we bought something i think was called a bed bridge from jcpenney. it fits over the top of the 2 mattresses to prevent the dip. might be something to look in to. Oh, it's my lucky day. I am so glad you posted this. I just bumbled into this forum, spotted this post and read it. Right away I went to the JC Penny site and ordered it. With shipping it cost just over 20.
A friend of mine told me about a book called Fast Food Nation . I don't know the author. Apparently it caused her to not even crave fast food anymore. It talks about what's really in the stuff and icky stuff that goes on in the kitchens at those restaurants. I haven't read it. Maybe somebody else has and can elaborate. Maybe it'll take away the cravings. Until you are comfortable cooking all your meals, maybe you could treat yourselves with healthy convenience...
I've read you can't absorb the omegas in flax unless you grind the seeds first. I grind a batch at a time in a coffee grinder and store them in a jar in the freezer and add a tablespoon or two to every soup or bread product I make.
You may like to check out The Vegetarian Lunchbasket by Linda Haynes. A lot of the recipes and ideas are vegan. The Baba Ganov makes a great spread for sandwiches. Am I allowed to post the recipe here?
Yay, welcome baby!
Yay, Heidi, that's great news! On Saint Paul: I just read in one of our nutrition books that St. Paul was a vegeterian. Maybe what he struggled with had to do with diet or something. The Catholic chuch isn't anti-gay anyway. They just ask that gay people stay celebate. Does anybody know for sure if St. Paul was a vegetarian? The book doesn't mention where the author gets this information. He was just listed in a long list of vegetarians. I thought that was...