or Connect

Posts by chattie67

Me too! I would love to have a couple! PM Me if you are doing FFS deals on any extras
Ok...I have just been given a babylock Eclipse Serger... I know NOTHING about sergers and when I went to pattern review to look at the reviews and find some info about the serger I can't really find anything...I also haven't found anything anywhere else online, except one for sale for $1500. I am pretty sure this is a much older serger model... It has some "jet air" threading things to automatically thread it and it holds 4 things of thread...the woman who owned it...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2 in August Thanks for those ideas (and the t-shirt one too). Problem is that I don't have a sewing machine so I've learned from experience (on the felted purses) that hand sewing big projects are just too time consuming. Today I was at hobby lobby and looked at knitting looms. The big ones I think I could weave a bag on pretty easily. I remember doing simple 4 peg knitting spools when I was a kid. I just found this bag...
I want to make some soaps for gifts this year for Christmas... I am wondering where the best place to buy the bases and essential oils is... I particularly love the hemp soaps myself...but was wondering if the different bases are easier or harder to work with? Thanks
Oooh I like the tote bag idea... and smocks...and cloths for under the highchair... wowee all great ideas! I am going to try sewing on a piece and see what happens... maybe if I line it with something else stronger, I wonder if there is anyway to fuse it to another cloth...maybe glue. hmmm... I love duct tape!
x-post- I think I put this in the wrong forum originally.... Hi...I am fairly new to sewing and was just wondering if anyone has any ideas about re-using vinyl table cloths? I have several I love the patterns on ..they are vinyl on one side and kinda cotton/fluff on the other side... I would love to cut them up and make appliques or use them to line a bag or something... does anyone know if they can be sewn or ironed? Any other ideas>?
Hi...I am fairly new to sewing and was just wondering if anyone has any ideas about re-using vinyl table cloths? I have several I love the patterns on ..they are vinyl on one side and kinda cotton/fluff on the other side... I would love to cut them up and make appliques or use them to line a bag or something... does anyone know if they can be sewn or ironed? Any other ideas>?
Looks like a great time to be joining! I am Julieanne, I am 40yo SAHM and have a DS that's 20 and a DS that is 10 months.
I had 3 people gang up on me last weekend and ask me if "That baby is sleeping in his own bed yet?" and went onto say "have you considerred the psychological damage you are doing to him?" I replied "everyone has their own opinions about what's right or wrong, babies don't come with hand books but I know far more people with separation anxiety and emotionally unstable people who btw were born in the era when everyone thought the CIO way was the only way then I have...
DS is almost 11 months now and sleeps with me... he usually needs to be holding me... not just my hand or fingers, but my whole head, like in a headlock or something...sometimes he crawls ontop of my head and flings himself over me... it isn't until he is certain I can't get away that he will begin to drift to sleep... It used to bother me a lot... I wanted "me time" at night...but once I accepted that this is what my DS needs to feel secure, I have realized making my...