or Connect

Posts by mamaupupup

email Jeanne, she can link you to a great network in SB:  jerodkey@gmail.com
Hi there, We have been through the wringer on this one...we have two kids, now diagnosed with Celiac Disease.  Keep him on gluten until you have him tested.  It's the most common Autoimmune Disease, but only 5% diagnosis rate.  Celiac.org has a great set of documents to help you.  Also, Celiac.com's forums are amazing.   After we tackled that and everything was fine for 6 months, we went through the wringer again...and after 18 months, figured out one of the girls has...
:) this is the life!  I like all the flavors described above!  By the way, we camped in our camper van a bunch before we got an extra heater installed.  The water bottles would freeze in winter overnight.  It made for good cuddling and good down sleeping bags helped!
Hi there, We have had such a crazy-busy 2012 along with a death in the family and the discovery that three of us have Celiac.  Given all this, I'm toying with the idea of "nesting" big time in 2013 and just opting out of all the extra-curricular things we do (ballet, karate, art, etc.).  I'm thinking of anything from taking January off to just not enrolling the kids in anything until March/April timeframe.    I'm wondering if anyone else has "taken time off" of all...
We are a BIG travel family.  Travel was probably 50% of our decision to homeschool.  My husband and I travelled (mostly camped) for the two years before we had kids and were big travellers even before we met.  Most of our travel with kids is centered around seeing family and friends or being in the great outdoors.  We've been gone five out of the last ten days...sometimes it's nice to be home!   I'm curious to hear from you all:  - What are your "learning on the...
Thanks everyone! 
Hi there, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do my record keeping.  I would love to hear what you all use!   In a PERFECT world, I'd love to find an iPhone app which would allow me to: - take a picture and add a caption - make text notes - maybe use a calendar - print out my records - pdf and email my records - edit and print my records as a "yearbook" for my kiddos   I know, wishing for the moon!   Any ideas?!?   Thanks!
I have Celiac and both my kids have Celiac!   We all were diagnosed this year.   I echo:  keep eating gluten until you have a firm diagnosis!   My greatest advice:  find a GREAT doctor.  Since you're in MO, it is likely worth it to travel to Chicago -- they have an AMAZING Celiac center there.  We travel for our Celiac care (a lot in the diagnosis timeframe, once or twice a year thereafter).   My greatest piece of hope for you:  after testing and clearing out...
I researched this a while ago--Unicef or the UN has some wonderful things on their site!  Even learning units and worksheets if you want to go in that direction.  Part of what Unicef seemed to want to communicate was the idea of basic childhood needs and rights.  My kids at 4 were a little young for some of it.  Your post is a good reminder for me to pick this up again (I tend to do this in November pre-Christmas craziness). Enjoy! Let us know what you do/what you...
:) thanks Miranda!  Yes, we've talked lots about endoscopies and tiny little cameras...not many five year olds have pics of their digestive tracts!    We've also had a lot of exposure to kids with a whole host of other maladies--I think they've learned a lot about compassion--or at a minimum, it's been imprinted.  We've spent three days at Children's Hospital in LA in the past few weeks...I constantly look at my kiddos an think how healthy they are and I've witnessed...