or Connect

Posts by mamaupupup

Thanks everyone!  Funny how when I breathe and let go things happen...  The diagnosis is not pretty and we won't know for months if the eye will heal properly.  DD will be on meds for at least 3 months.  It is scary to think her vision may never be the same again.    That said, her friend dropped off a sweet care package and note yesterday.  The mom called today to cover the medical expenses.  I'm not sure how we'll progress, but it feels better to have compassion...
Thanks!  I think you're right--I'm feeling like they aren't thinking of my child.  I used the word dismissed earlier but that word doesn't convey the emotion to the degree I'm feeling cast off.  Interestingly, this family is typically (fairly) thoughtful.    On the flip side, the boy that threw the object happened years ago to fall and need stitches--we weren't even there--and my children made get well cards, etc.    I guess it's one of those things where I...
My child suffered a corneal abrasion when a playmate threw something and it hit her in the eye.  We still don't know how bad the injury is (her sight is not 100% in that eye) yet.  I believe this was accidental (neither 5 yr. old says it was intentional).  Still, the time, energy, copays, etc. are beginning to add up.    I would have offered to cover any medical expenses, had my child caused the injury.  And, if the family refused to accept anything, we would have...
Another discovery:  Lassie Come Home!  We had a family movie night on the 4th (4.5 yr old twins wanted to stay up for fireworks--which is waaaaay late for them).  We all really enjoyed it!  There is gentle suspense (relative to Disney or some others).  Three scenes I remember being lightly scary (we were sitting with the children the whole time): - Two hobos trying to rob a kind travelling salesman by attacking him with long sticks and also hitting (and killing his...
My husband calls me the "Imelda Marcos of Children's Books."  We have 500+.  I keep most of them.  I donate books I dislike (Olivia Goes to Venice--no accountability for actions!!!???).  I give away other things to make room for books!  I move some to my Mom's, keep some in the car...it's just tough to do away with books!   
I love all these ideas!  Keep 'em coming! 
We do lots and lots and lots of camping.  Pretty cheap, gets us in nature, gets us away from technology.  We build fairy houses and boulder.  It's simple, but lovely.
You are amazing and such a dedicated Mom!  Your children are so fortunate! 
LOVE the camping trip and the BIG, messy science!  Keep the ideas/traditions coming!  I'm learning so much from you all, thank you!  
Love Little Bear!  Found some inexpensively in the "bulk" video bin of a Toys R Us.  Also, I've ordered them from Amazon.  The videos are calm, sweet, enjoyable.  My girls smile so much when they watch these.    Other faves:  Wild Kratts (now on PBS).  My mother introduced the girls to Annie, Music Man and a few other musicals (which she did earlier than I would have--she did at 3.5...I would have waited 'til 5+).  No lasting negatives other than crazy acrobatic...