or Connect

Posts by skolbut

Thanks, kgreenemama! We didn't start out intentionally having a family bed, we just like our sleep and our kids like theirs with us! Every time I start thinking I want to get them in their own beds I remember that this time is precious... few children go off to college wondering how they'll sleep without mama in their bed.
So... we've never officially had the family bed, but more of a sleep wherever you're comfortable policy... Lately the baby's been stuffy so I've been sleeping propped up in the recliner with him. DS1 who is 2 always naps and falls asleep in our bed, and DH has been letting him sleep in our bed in my 'spot' with his own pillow and blankie, etc (usually if he's with us he shares my pillow and is in between us).... So last night we go to crawl in bed and DH tries to move...
I exclusively use gdiapers with prefolds in them (and recently started making my own cloth inserts). I really like the covers. I personally don't use the flushies, but when I started they're not that bad for the pees, poops are gross (I suggest dumping the poop off into the toilet then tossing the poo flushie). Although you're worried about the startup cost, if you have a prefold stash or some inserts you love you can continue to use the covers long after you need the...
I'm wondering if they say 'all writing' because it would be hard to say 'this writing is ok, but this one is not', or 'no logos but ones from your trip are ok', so then when the kid comes in with a Hooters shirt from his 'trip' they have to allow it, kwim??
Quote: Originally Posted by thixle "bad mommy" story ahead... DD1 pulled DH's laptop down on her foot when she was a little less than a year old. DH was in class, taking a 3 hour final exam. He had the car and the carseat. Our county has ONE ambulance, and I wasn't about to take that away from someone who might be in a car wreck or something really serious, yk? BUT her foot swelled immediately and turned purple, so I freaked, slapped a bag of frozen...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Figure out how to use a wrap sling. They also make a nifty toddler lead for those times when you want to give your kid a chance to be totally impulsive but don't want to have a heart attack every 10 seconds. You are a genius!!! I have 2 kids. 2 wraps. Never made the connection. Sometimes I wonder what I'd do without MDC.
To the OP: I didn't read all the responses but I did read the last page and I didn't feel like reading through all the nonsense, so if you've gotten this already, sorry. First of all, your sister isn't raising your children. You are. You are the parent. Just because my sister thinks meat is gross doesn't mean my kids will be vegetarians, kwim?? I won't use a leash bc my mother did to me and I was mortified when I ran into my preschool teacher while we were out...
For my first I ruptured just after a check, so IMO it was AROM. I was maybe 4 cm and it was an induction. IMO pit and AROM led to my Csection. For ds2's just-about-textbook birth I got to the hospital at 5cm and stayed in triage until 6cm. Labored about 3 or 4 more hours on my feet rocking. SROM at 7 or 8 cm.... contrax got major intense. About 3 contrax later it was too much so I asked for drugs and they checked me and I was a 9. One contraction later I was 10...
We live with my grandma who had a brain tumor, then radiation damage and a stroke, so she's lost her right side and her speech center. She's in a motorized wheelchair and we also have a manual chair for outings (we don't have a lift for the power chair) and other necessities (shower, etc.). He's OBSESSED with both chairs... one he can push himself and make it go around the house, what fun! and the other has buttons to push. So when we go out he's always excited to...
I've had good luck with carrots just steaming them until really mushy and then putting in my blender. You do have to add some liquid I find when using the blender, but I have an ice crusher button that seems to do well for carrots too. Also I read somewhere to add a little fat of some sort (bmilk, butter, margarine, olive oil) to help with nutrient absorbtion... for some reason carrots stick out in my mind as needing this. I added about 1 tbs of formula and another of...