or Connect

Posts by skolbut

I know some mamas put baby in a fitted or prefold without a cover for indoor time to help with rashes, and then only put on a cover for outings/sleep. You just have to change as soon as they wet but it's doable.
LMAO right now because my very-masculine-toy-loving-to-my-dismay 2yo son is playing with my (extra and usually his to play with) PURPLE SEWING MACHINE!! Yep, the real thing. He can even make a couple stitches (I don't let him have the power cord, lol). I'm not worried. He'll go from counting his fire trucks, to putting on grandma's makeup and perfume, to building a tower and violently kicking it over, to snuggling his bear and duckie, then out to the garage for his...
Neither of my kids were/are on a schedule at this point. I actually kindof like it this way, it's actually hard to have to land somewhere for ds1 to take his one afternoon nap, I'd rather have more flexibility! Let's see... we're up by 8 at the latest. DS2 usually is up by 7 for a bottle then plays with dh while he gets ready for work. Ds1 gets food, baby gets a bottle around 9, some cereal or avocado or banana if he still acts hungry. DS2 takes a morning nap around...
we found the gdiapers not to be the best for overnights, so we use a pocket dipe stuffed to the gills. For daytimes we stuff the g covers with a prefold. Hemp doesn't absorb as fast as other materials so it could be that you have some 'loose' liquid in the liner that doesn't absorb so it wicks out the sides. Also if whatever you stuff it with is too thin it can move around in the liner and not absorb at all, that's what the flushies did when we used them. This may...
4. I also have gDiapers. Has anyone tried placing prefolds into the liners instead of the disposable inserts? I can't justify spending the cash for the disposable inserts and we can't flush them because of our old plumbing. Yes, we do gdipes with prefolds. It works great. We fold down the extra in the front for our boys, but I've heard of people folding them the 'wrong way' as in across the width instead of down the length for girls. It makes a ton of sense and we...
You might... I have a feeling some of my mama friends are on here secretly, lol!!!
I don't use AIO's regularly but I have a dear friend who does, she's expecting her second and is fairly certain her bumgenius aren't going to make it past #2, they're pretty well loved, and her older child only used them for 20 months or so (maybe even less, I can't remember!)
For most trips we take the cloth and plan on doing laundry at some point. Mostly we go on long weekends to my inlaws and they have a really nice washer and dryer, or I bring the dirty back. I just spent almost 2 weeks with my sister and used their apt buildings (really really nice) coin op machines, although I just took covers and prefolds and used sposies at night (ds1 insists on sposies, long story). They ride really well in the car, too, I just change them at my...
1.) Can you cloth diaper using well water? It is very hard water and I'm unsure if this will work as I know the care and washing of CD's is very particular. Yes you can, some people have no problems and others use calgon in the wash to soften the water. We did OK with our household softener stocked with rust remover pellets. 2.) Is it possible for someone living in a rented duplex to use a sprayer on the toilet? Or are these permanent fixtures that only home owners...
Right now we're staying in my mom's basement because we're in between houses, so our stash is folded and stacked on top of a rubbermaid storage tub. It actually works really well!! We change dipes on the bathroom floor on a thick blanket I folded in half lengthwise so it's like a changing pad (or we just throw a blanket on the floor wherever). Before the move, we actually had a dresser with changing pad on top that we used for ds1 and a changing table that was given...