or Connect

Posts by skolbut

First things first... when you're totally overwhelmed send me a pm and I'll watch your dd so you can get a break!! I'm serious. A couple things... While it does sound like this is a learned behavior, I don't think it's a manipulation to get out of work... but in a sense it may be a manipulation for attention. It also may be that she's having trouble controlling her emotions to the point where she loses it and then it gets worse and worse like a panic or anxiety...
You should see the cubbyholes in my sisters apt complex!!! Think baby cribs in the living room, lol. There is a common room with a climber, gym mats, trampoline, bikes, etc. that can be transformed into a room with tables/chairs if needed. There's a play structure, b-ball court, and volleyball court literally 2 steps out the door. The laundry room has 8 washers and dryers plus big tables for folding, etc. Yes it is coin-op but the cleanest coin op I've ever seen and...
Snaps. I feel like they're just more secure, plus we had irritation issues with the velcro and the washer/dryer snags drive me crazy and wear out the diapers. But, then again, a friend of mine who actually got me into cding much prefers velcro. It's totally a personal thing.
OMG good thing you got a dr who knows what you're talking about!! Those tablets dissolve so fast, if anything, he got some extra tablet absorption through the mucous membranes in the nose! Esp with all that saline spray. We're lucky enough to have a ped whose son is in between my 2 son's ages so we actually swap parenting tips sometimes! She loves that we use Hyland's and natural remedies, ERF our carseats, and delay solids (although she hates that we select/delay vax).
Quote: Originally Posted by beanma There are picture book versions of the Little House books, too, that don't have the offensive stuff. I was just going to suggest this!! Then you can go back and re-read the original stories in a few years... I think maybe age 7 or 8 would be a good time to discuss some of the racial/familial themes with your LO. JMHO.
I stopped cutting grapes at around 18 months for ds1, haven't given them to the baby yet.
I wish I had help for you!! We just used an old school bassinet (the old wicker kind on a wood frame, not the newer plasticy frilly kind) pushed right up next to the bed by my face. Or the pack n play. I guess when I was shopping for baby gear to me it just looked so much like a pnp I figured why bother. Good luck, though! It's soooo much easier to have the baby close to you at night, especially in the early days.
I really wanted this to work for my kiddos. Both DH and I loved ours, according to our mothers, so I was ready for giggling, eager, bouncing babes. So DS1 went in his about 3 times, never more than 5 minutes before crying and never figured out how to make it bounce. DS2 LOVES to bounce so we thought he would love it but he only sits in it for a few minutes at a time and maybe spins a bit. Plus, with both kids, it made me a nervous nelly watching them get sooo...
My biggest suggestion for you would be to do a trial run. Our first couple times we had some leaks around the legs or at the hips, mostly from the insert not being positioned correctly. Also the flushie is a bit tricky to get the hang of. You might want to invest in some cut pieces of fleece to use over the flushie to make poopy ones easier. There's really no way to rip that thing open without touching poop (the pee ones are no big deal). We go through one cover a...
Do you have a separate pail or little trash can for your covers? (I've read to not store dirty covers in the diaper pail) We use reusable nylon tote bags that I got as a gift in a 4-pack. One goes on the back of the door handle in the store room, one hangs on a nail. The hanging one gets all wet/soiled prefolds, anything yucky. The one on the back of the door gets covers and liners that were wet and only need washing. That's only because I have issues with the...