or Connect

Posts by skolbut

Sounds like a job for the Nautilus. They look way cool and will harness for your kids (I think, I'm not sure of the height/weight limits). I'm not too familiar with the Nautilus install, though. You might need to get anchors fitted into the car for the seat to be installed safely (our 1999 Saturn needed to get them added, too). Anybody know if the Nautilus uses an upper anchor in harness mode?
OP.... I totally agree with you. While I am a bucket user (albeit not for long.... my ds1 was out of his at 5 mos and I think ds2 is close) I see lots of abuse of them. For instance... when we go to church, we carry the seat into church then leave it in the cloak room and sling/wrap/hold during the service. I've seen at least 3 other buckets with awake babes right there in the pews, even one mama who bf's during the service then puts her ds right back into the...
Let me preface this by saying that MOST of the time my baby is worn in a wrap or getting held, or playing on the floor/tummy time. I do leave the seat in the car when we go places like church, gym, and music class, and just stick the baby in the wrap. When running errands, I carry baby in the carseat a lot. If we go somewhere to eat, and I need to set him down for a minute (to wipe ds1's face, help him with something, etc.) I'd rather put him in the seat than on the...
oatmeal, muffins, french toast cut into pieces, rice cakes w/spread, hummus w/small soft pita pieces, cottage cheese; you can add fruit to all of those too. Avocado or sweet potato chunks... mmm. Rice with a little milk and cinnamon... mmmm. My ds sometimes asks for peas for breakfast too so don't discount steamed veggies in the morning!
When ds1 was that itty bitty he seemed to get one cold after the other... we did the same remedies that you have done (warm baths, humidifier, booger sucker and saline, etc.). A few times the only way we got ANY sleeep was for DS and I to sleep in the recliner or rocker, semi-upright. It wasn't a lot or the best quality sleep, but it was sleep and it helped soothe him to sleep on my lap/tummy instead of next to me or on my arm.
So I am NOT going to buy any more disposables... this is it! I've been trying to CD since DS1 was born and now I'm just going to do it. DH is finally on board, we're taking $$ we got for DS2's birth (you know, the 'here's a check buy a new outfit' stuff) to buy the dipes, and we're all ready to go. I was leaning toward pockets or AIO's for my hubby... mom and MIL won't mind good ol prefolds and neither will I but DH is a little CD-wary (you should have seen the look...
Thanks, soccermama! I've been meaning to check them out and I have another friend who's had good results, too. I think we'll try them out for Easter! I love the solid backgrounds because they make my little ones really stand out.
Soooo.... I'm sort of psycho about getting photos done. I suppose it's the scrapbooker in me that strives for that constant documentation, or the desire to dress my usually-in-playclothes babes up in cutesy outfits... I don't know. The boys we did/will do at 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, then on the year and half year anniversary until they get in school. Then we'll just do one each year plus the school photo (prob on the half year though to be...
My mom washed my prefolds out in the bathtub in their apt and hung them over the shower bar to dry... but that was (ahem... cough cough) almost 30 years ago...
I've heard of stuffing the gdiapers covers with prefolds, and I'd sure like to get some use out of the cute covers sitting on the back of the toilet... What is your preferred prefold to use in them, those of you that do?? And do you still use the plastic liner? Sorry, op, not trying to hijack. I've never seen any other covers that fasten in back either and these are soooo darn cute.