or Connect

Posts by brennaq

Baby, Mother, and More on Gilbert Rd. in Mesa is still open too.
Well I had the baby on the 17th, we are both doing great and the second I had him all my SPD pain went away...thank god! I'm still recovering from my c-section(long lousy story) but that's going really well and as soon as I'm better from that I should be 100% again. Hope things are going well for you.
I'm an American(mostly Irish) married to a Lebanese man. My husband's family is Catholic though, not Muslim and like most of my family they all have saint's names, so our son is Patrick and my husband's name is Daniel. I got to have an Irish name which made me really happy, it didn't matter to his family as long as it was a saints name. It's really neat seeing this thread with lots of other women married to Middle Eastern men, most of the time I'm the only one.
Oh wow I haven't heard from you in a long time. Glad to hear that you at least got a diagnosis, of course that doesn't help if it doesn't fix the pain. Although I have to say I'm jealous that you get painkillers...I still don't. I have been on disability from work since 30 weeks on..I am due next week and I am still pretty miserable. Thankfully my disability claim got approved so I am getting a check for $400 every week, which isn't a lot but it's enough with my husband's...
I almost cancelled the whole thing because I didn't want to ask for help, I just have such a hard time with that. I'm trying to be understanding with my friend. When her husband threw her out the last time I immediately offered up our spare bedroom, I even let her tell her husband she was staying with me when she was actually staying with some random guy she was sleeping with...and yes he asked me about. I know she is going through a tough patch I just wish she had talked...
I've had long conversations with my mom, MIL and both grandmother's about this. My mom and all 3 of her sisters breastfed all of their kids(that's 13 babies total!). I was born in 1979, mom breastfed me for 18 months...until I bit her and drew blood. My brother was born in 1982, she breastfed him for 14 months, weaned for the same reason. I am super proud of my mom, especially with my brother because she had to go back to work 8 days after she had him. She also hand...
I know I need to do that, I have a really hard time asking people for help. Even now with being almost completely disabled from my SPD I have difficulty asking my friends to help me with things. I just need to swallow my pride a little and do it I guess.
Wow I can't believe that anyone would say that. That is absolutely terrible and I seriously doubt if they could really do that but to say that to a woman in the middle of labor..unbelievable. I wish to god I could afford to pay a midwife for a homebirth, there are some really great ones in the area that I just cannot afford to pay for and my insurance of course doesn't cover. I'm hoping that she will be one of those doctor's who just comes in to catch the baby and then...
I think that's what's going to happen to me, my friend is going to "plan" everything...meaning leave it all to me and just answer the RSVP's and I will have to get all the food and decorations and get things together. It's almost not worth it especially with my health the way it is. I know she is going through some tough times right now, but if she was going to back out, I wish she would have done it a lot sooner because someone else would have offered to help out instead...
Yeah I'm not sure how I'm going to manage all this. I really want to have this shower, but I know it'd be much easier and less stressful on me if I just didn't bother. My house has to be cleaned up in a big way and dealing with my friend being so flaky is really stressing me out. I just know that a lot of my girl friends are looking forward to it, some have requested time off work and already bought gifts too. Plus I really do want to see everyone, being off from work and...