or Connect

Posts by skinnypups

Gah! My bad. I am tired and getting Google induced blindness from incessant searches for a "safe" vitamin. But yes, still very misleading as far as "vegan" goes
In researching this I found that the Vitamin E in the Garden of Life's comes from lanolin. HERE is their explanation Never heard of that before, but I was reading that a bunch of vegans were pretty miffed because the packaging says vegan on it...and lanolin is definitely NOT vegan. I am still searching...
OK, so I don't want to get  too excited just yet...but I think we made a breakthrough. After seeing the GI last week I cut out soy too. She is SO MUCH BETTER! She has only been pooping once a day (instead of leaking a little bit a million times a day and having 4-6 big awful messy nasty dipes) and her poop has no blood and looks almost normal! We also got the go ahead to do some food with her. She has been grabbing at my food for a few weeks and getting all pissy when...
Thanks, I will look into it. I do not know how sensitive my daughter is to soy. I have been dairy free for a while now and her symptoms did not resolve. I cut soy as well a week ago and she is sooooo much better. The only soy in my current vitamins is soy lechitin in the vegetable glaze on the outside of the vitamin. I am scared to take it. I just don't know what all the different forms of soy are and how they might affect my daughter I was hoping there was some...
I have been off dairy for a while now and after a visit to the pediatric GI on thursday I am off soy too.I had been taking the Rainbow Light One a day, but it has soy in the glaze :(    Anyone recommend a good dairy free and soy free prenatal?              
Thanks for pointing me over here :)   So, she had a few *almost* normal looking diapers on monday or tuesday. There are less bright red flecks now, but they are still there. Also she has had some poops that are just liquid and definitely look like they have blood mixed in. They have done a hemocult on some diapers (always positive for blood), but no cultures or any other tests on the poop itself. They did some basic bloodwork on her. Her WBC diff is off, but she is not...
Thank you. I guess I will start cutting soy too. It's just so hard to eat as it is, but I would do anything for this poor kid...she is so sweet!   So, I know it's so gross to post poop pics and again I am sorry. I honestly can't believe I took a pic of a dirty diaper.:horror: But, does that look typical for babies having sensitivity/allergic issues with what mom is eating?   I'm completely fine with eliminating stuff, I just want to make sure that the both of...
I've been keeping a log of everything that has happened over the past 2 1/2 weeks. Sorry it is so long, but both kiddos are keeping me busy today so I just had to C&P. I found this forum through a friend and I am just trying to get any opinions and advice that I can. Sorry for the yucky pics, but I am hoping that other mom's with LOs with sensitivities/allergies will be able to shed some light on what is going on and what I should do. I have reached the point of...