or Connect

Posts by nataliebassoon

1.) How many people are eating? 3- 2 adults and one toddler 2.) Are you in a low/mid/high COL area? fairly low 3.) Do you recieve WIC to supplement it? yes- and it is worth probably about $50/ month for what we get 4.) Do you garden or get free produce from others? yes 5.) Do you can/dry/freeze/preserve food? not usually 6.) Do you shop with coupons? occassionally 7.) Do you have your own meat animals/hunt or get some from family or...
Also, Walgreens frequently has useful stuff like toothbrushes and body wash for free after rebate, so as long as you remember to send the rebate in on time, you're good to go. They also give you an extra 10% if you get the rebate as a Walgreens gift card, so then you can use that for the next month's free after rebates, and it's like you're making money!
Quote: Originally Posted by holidaymama Hmmm... Victoria's Secret Underwear...hear me out...I get coupons once a month for a free pair, and about 3 times a year get a $10 off of anything coupon. Not that I go through a ton of underwear, but for free, I don't have to buy a lot, and then with the $10 off, it's $15 for 5 pair instead of $25...I don't think you could buy $3 underwear at Target! So it's a frugal find for me! I'll try to think of...
Technically, I'm not from a "bi-racial" family, but I do think that checking those damn boxes just helps perpetuate racism. If I'm required to check a box and there's no other (for human), then I just pick one at random to screw up their stupid statistics! Grrr. . .
Are you sure that web address is right? It goes to a web design site.
I think DD might be ready for potty learning once she gets walking all figured out (she will pull at her diaper, then wet it, which tells me she knows she is about to go.) The problem is, she's early, and on top of that smaller than others her age, so I haven't been able to find cloth trainers that would fit her. I've been thinking I might just get the 18 mo. size and sew in a few tucks, but that doesn't sound very comfortable to me. Does anyone know where to find cloth...
I took off two weeks when my LO was born in the middle of the fall. It was tough, but worth it in my situation. With our family situation, my only other option would have been working full time, which would have been even harder! Fortunately, lo came a week early at the beginning of fall break, which bought me a few more days. If I were in your shoes, I would do it if your lo is due before spring break. That way you'll have a break to re-connect with your lo,...
I went to school with a young baby- it is hard, but doable. Going to school with a little baby is way easier than trying to work full time because you have built-in breaks and you get to set your own schedule so your classes aren't all back-to-back. When my lo was about a month old, it started to get a lot easier- I went back when she was 2 weeks old. The hard part is that you don't get maternity leave from school when you're a student. Trust your instincts!
It's doable; I actually went back to school when my LO was 2 weeks old, and DH hung out with her on campus so she could nurse b/t classes. If you think you could swing it, I would tentatively plan on slinging your lo to your classes- at that age, it's still mostly eating and sleeping, both of which are quiet activities. I slinged my lo to certain classes, but others were ensemble rehearsals where I couldn't just get up and leave is she got fussy. But make sure you know...
My senior bassoon recital is coming up in 2 weeks, and I want to do something special to tell DH thank you for all his patience and understanding with the extra stress, extra time I've spent practicing, etc. He's a SAHD, which I think is awesome, and I just want to let him know how much I appreciate how hard he works taking care of our LO, etc. Any ideas? I'm kind of thinking along the lines of some kind of creative gift.