or Connect

Posts by momto3wantingmore

I had my last cesarean there in 2008 and it was an ok experiance, well as ok as a cesarean can get for me anyway. The room they start you out in is soo nice, and big lol but warning, the post partum rooms are small, I mean very small. There is one of those wide bench things that can be used as a bed for your partner. The rooms have mini fridges so your partner can bring food to keep in the fridge so he isn't forced to eat in the cafeteria, I also liked it cause I packed...
Quote: Originally Posted by jengacnm I operate under the thought that I want to be a midwife for a long time, and one catastrophic outcome from an HBAC will end my career, and that's not something I'm willing to accept. Jennifer I am somewhat confused by this statement. There are a number of things that can happen during birth that can not be predicted, that are far more likely to happen compared to VBAC yet you are willing to risk that...
Dailyjoy, I don't have any answers as I am in the same boat as you in many ways. Just wanted to let you know your not alone. Hope you are able to find the right path for you. Would moving out of state be an option? There are many other states that are way better with midwifery laws.
Wow, that is really all I can say. I have goose bumps and ITA with the listing to ourselves! Momma, you did awsome! Enjoy your baby moon,
Quote: Originally Posted by Maggi315 SeaDoula: And I pers I'm not sure the OP understands about the difference between becoming a CNM and a CPM or LM, that is what this discussion is about. We originally were responding to her requests where she asked for our OPINIONS and we gave it. I do understand the difference between the three thanks but I am just not sure yet what path I want to take. If I was asked by what model of care would I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Maggi315 I don't know if I am reading it correctly, but are you thinking about getting your CNM? Because if that's the case, then none of the credits/work at birthinway or any other DeM program will tranfer. If you are wanting to become a CNM, it will depend on your state. Here in PA, CNM"s can do homebirth, the big, and I mean, big problem is getting someone to back you and paying for malpractice. Only one CNM anywhere...
[/QUOTE] To OP: I am not sure how it would work in OR, but to my knowledge you cannot work in a hospital as a Midwife unless you are a CNM. So even if you went to school after Birthingway and got a masters you still would not have priveledges at a hospital because you would be lacking the nursing aspect. Goodluck on your journey. When were you thinking of applying to school, if you do choose birthingway? Also, why do you feel you need more options? Midwives in...
Ok I did look again and must have read it wrong the first time. I couldn't not go on to get my masters unless I get my RN first. I am totally not interested in that aspect but I am not gonna push that away as not an option at all. Honestly if I could have my choice at all I would LOVE to do AAMI but I do not have money to pay for it (pretty much living paycheck to paycheck now) so birthingway was my only option so I could have help paying for it. I am going to try my...
Yes I am talking about Birthing way. And they must be accredited because I can get federal grants, scholerships and loans just like any other CC. I am leaning more tward the BSM as the local medical school here will take you in their masters midwifery program if you have your Bacholors in science. I do have to call them and verify they will take the degree from birthingway. I guess I am just having a hard time figuring out what way I want to go. I would love to have many...
So I have narrowed it down to 2 options. Either DEM at a local midwifery school or my BSM (bacholors) in midwifery. I would LOVE to have the degree but how much of a difference does it really make? ETA: Both options are at the same school