or Connect

Posts by PrairieDawn

Your situation sounds exactly like mine! I had my TL in 1994 a few months after my second child. I had my TR last year. What they don't tell when you have your TL is the post tubal-ligation syndrome issues. Here is a website with a lot of symptoms that you may or may not have: http://tubal.org/symptoms_of_pts.htm A lot of my symptoms subsided after my second AF cycle. I had my TR done at Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal center in Durham, NC and it was money well spent. I...
I had my very first miscarriage ever a few weeks ago. I found out when I went in for my first appointment and the ultrasound tech said that she needed to get the doctor. Once my OB came in and saw the u/s for herself, she explained to us that baby's heart stopped beating about a week before so at about 8w and I was 9w when I got in. My HCG numbers were still going up though, which the doctor found baffling and thus she scheduled me for a D&C a week after my appointment....
Unfortunately, I got the bad news that baby's heartbeat stopped at some point and baby stopped growing at around 8 weeks since LMP; I was going to be 9 weeks tomorrow. According to my doctor, I will need a D&C since it appears my body is still chugging along the pregnancy path.  I think I am more devastated about the news than my husband who said it's okay and that we can try again when I am ready.    Best of luck on your pregnancies and hope to be on the boards...
Good to know, makes me less freaked out about what to expect. It's been 14 years since I had a baby last so protocol might have changed. Thank you!! 
My son's name is Andrew Tyler, daughter's name is Madison Patricia (lots of Patricia's/Patrick's in the family). My sister named her son Dylan (after Bob Dylan) and my other sister named her son Cole. I was thinking if I have a boy something with a B then we could do a boy's family photo with them all holding the first letter of their name (A, B, C, D). If we have a girl maybe Emily?  A few of my friends named their kids Brendon, Audrey and Fiona. Hope this helps anyone...
I got my first real appointment on Wednesday. My OB calls "Confirmation of Pregnancy." I technically had my first appointment on January 18th to make sure that the fetus made it into my uterus and not my tubes. It is part of my pregnancy protocol for women who have had their tubal ligations reversed. During that appointment back in January all they did was a transvaginal u/s said it was all clear, gave my DH a picture and sent us home. So I am wondering what to expect at...
I am not familiar with the term up/uc, could you please clarify? I am considered a high risk pregnancy because of a) my age and b) I had tubal reversal surgery not that long ago so my husband and I decided that a doppler might be a good idea; at least for us. 
I love using Tiger Balm but I too have stopped using it since I found out I am preggers. I hope someone comes by with a suggestion. 
I don't eat at Rotten Ronnies usually but I did the other night, same as you a Big Mac. Usually I find their food aside from the fries, nasty and vile but I scarfed that burger down so fast that it was gone before my husband left the parking lot. I can't stomach chicken right now - thinking about it, seeing it, cooking it, smelling it makes me want to lose my stomach - yuck! DH gave me crap tonight saying I need to eat better! Well I would like to if I could hold the...
Might be good if you clarify what you are scared of?