or Connect

Posts by Knitting4me

I applaud you for facing this reality BEFORE you do anything. My twins were spontaneous. My daughter was 19months when the twins were born. It's not great....it's not cool....it's never easier. Not for us. In fact it has put a HUGE amount of stress on the relationship between DH and I. I would NEVER choose to have twins or risk it (We're considering adopting simply to avoid the odds again). Now before anyone jumps me. I love my girls and wouldn't trade them for...
I agree with lower your expectation and want to add be happy with anything you DO have. I am 7 hours away from the nearest family member. We haven't had ANY help with the kids. We go everywhere together b/c my DH can't handle all three and I won't leave nurslings. We joke b/c our "date night" is Friday night when we drag all three girls 45minutes (each way) to Coscto. That's life. I am firmly of the camp that people need to stop EXPECTING family to provide help...
I didn't read all the other posts. All my MW's have done an intial exam. With both births the blood screening were done on my 3 day check up (if I wanted it). I took my first DD (a HB) in at 2 weeks to meet the doc. With the twins they didn't get seen till 4 weeks.
Birth brings no gaurantees as you know. I think you should make certain you want the baby at this point in time more than the birth. I'm not saying you don't want the child, but I am implying that no matter how you plan you could be in a less than ideal circumstance. For me - I would give my body mortime to heal and drop the weight. My first pregnancy was fabulous and I started at an ideal weight. My second pregnancy was unplanned and I was very healthy but hadn't...
If I didn't eat them I noticed a HUGE drop in supply -not right away - but after about a week or so. In the end it wasn't working for me. I waited till the babies got older (12months) and now I do a low carb life style instead - it' been great and hasn't touched my supply.
: I ahve broken both my wrists and since the twins I have DeQuervain's tendonitis in my right thumb. I ahve wondered the same thing. Also: does the glucosamine help???
The un-intanglement was pretty awful. Baby A was to my left like a kidney bean shape and sunny side up. Baby B was pinning her in at the chest and so the side of baby's A's head was somewhat transverse over the cervix - but she was still high -2 station. I had to lie on my back. (I'll call the MW 1 and MW 2). Mw #1 has her hand in side and made an open hand position over baby A's skull. (Think palming a basketball) She called it a false pelvic floor maneuver. She...
That's really great froggurami. i can't make a menu and stick to it! I get too creative and off track. I have been doing Atkins low carb now for 17 days. On day 14 I was down 10.6lbs! I'm feeling great. I even aquired a treadmill off of ReUseIt for free!! Today i took my first walk on it while the kiddos were napping and then I got a shower in peace and quiet! seems like such a treat to take care of me a little. I am having TERRIBLE nightmares and I toos...
Wonderful, congratulations!! You're story brings back so many memories. We have many similarities...I laughed at the "I thought I'd get a break" but baby B had a different plan! I had a double head down and competition to get out with slow dialation b/c of the "road traffic" You had me in tears...I was so hoping you wouldn't have to go through the process to get them untangled. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when you were +1. Well done!! Many congrats again and...
I'm an all or nothing girl. I just have to stay really strict and focused or I loose it. I can't habe the little bit...it jsut doesn't work for me. I think going back to a week of ultra conservative/strict values (for whatever "diet" you are doing) is good when you hit a plateau......or sometimes I throw in the towel all together and then start fresh. I guess it depends on your style.