or Connect

Posts by melmcwhorter

My newly-three year old boy has gradually increased his ever-so-endearing displays of hitting, pinching, and occasionally kicking.  He's really sweet much of the time, but when he does not get his way in any form -- or when he just plain feels like it under benign circumstances -- he will do these things.  His sweet 9 year old sister is often the recipient, or myself and Daddy.  Time-outs do not seem to have any effect, and I'm feeling increasingly ineffective and...
Whew! I appreciate those who chimed in here ~ I feel better already, and won't bother my oh-so-tolerant doctor. Thanks!
I'm starting to wonder something. My 2.5 year old boy poops three, sometimes four times a day lately. Not diarrhea, but not altogether hard either. Before I email my doctor with what sounds like an OCD question, I thought I'd put it to this wonderful forum. How often does your toddler poop? Should I be worried, you think? Thanks!
Last night our 22 month old woke in the middle of the night talking incessantly, running a 102 fever. It was strange behavior for this very calm, sweet little boy. It took me an hour to get him back to sleep, after giving him Tylenol, thinking maybe the fever was contributing to the agitation (I normally do not automatically medicate a fever). This morning he's awakened in a similar state - almost agitated, kind of hyperactive. As mentioned before, he's usually pretty...
I've been obsessing about these since my 14 month old son was diagnosed with these four weeks ago. After a lot of rigamorole & two doses of the meds, which I'll spare everyone on this thread, it seems I still have them (the whole family seems to have gotten them). Can someone please confirm for me that if the eggs never get into my mouth, eventually what I have now in my body will die off. Is this correct? I'd like to avoid taking more meds at this point, and...
*Thank you* for posting something that's been in the back of my mind for a long time. My 14 month old is like yours - he just will not sit still for me to read a whole book (and I'm talking baby board books) to him, though he does seem to enjoy the rhythm and "singsong" of it. His main interest at this point has been confined to chewing the corners off of his books. So very different from his older sister, who would love (even as a baby) sitting in our rocker at...
Right on!
:
"Drunken sailor walk" ~ that's hilarious! I feel so much better already -- thanks so much everyone! I suppose I kind of knew in my mind that it wasn't really late in a problematic sense, but you know how that dang worry can pervade things! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
OK folks, maybe you can help me feel better about this. I'm starting to get concerned (about what, I'm not sure exactly) that my little guy is not walking yet. After being asked repeatedly by (well-meaning) people "is he walking yet", seeing other babies walking by now, and now seeing a video an acquaintance posted of her 10 month old girl walking ~ I'm starting to get bothered by this. I'm not usually competitive, so why does this matter? Our guy is almost 14 months...