or Connect

Posts by wildhoneypie

Thanks from me too.
When DS lost his first tooth, we had to leave a home made gift certificate to the local toy store, then try to explain in code to the poor confused cashier that it wasn't real. I have also done the oh look it was just tangled in the covers manuver, Needless to say my 6yo doesn't really believe in the tooth fairy, or santa, etc, anymore but we all agree it's more fun to pretend the magic is real.
I guess this makes me officially "outed" and no longer just a lurker. (Thanks for all the great links by the way mamas.) My DS has actually had an OK preschool outside the home, and almost excellent public K experience. My DD loves preschool. But, we're moving and I feel that the transition is going to be so dramatic possibly traumatic that homeschooling will be a good way to take some of the stress out of the transition. I've always considered homeschooling my son...
I think that is a really intelligent way to look at it. The new situation/awkward thing seems like common sense to me, but I didn't think of it that way until you said it. I also agree with the idea that some kids are homeschooled to shelter them, but even kids who are sheltered yet attend public school are socially awkward and have a hard time fitting in. (Like me.) I also think that some kids are homeschooled because they have a difficult time socially.
Ummm... are you my SIL, because I think we have the same MIL? Only the ages of our kids are off so it can't be. Seriously, lever latches, no outlet covers, huge fireplace with brick edges everywhere, breakables and china galore, no cabinet latches, doors open to stairways, no child gates, and me chasing three children all over the house the entire time we are there. And no one understands why I am so tired when we come home and DREAD going over to visit.
Quote: Originally Posted by wildhoneypie 3/9 30 min strength training 45 min walk 3/10 30 min yoga 25 min walk 410/1000 3/11 30 min strength training 30 min walk 20 min stationary bike 3/12 30 min yoga 45 min walk 565/1000
Quote: Originally Posted by wildhoneypie 3/8 30 min yoga 40 walking/playing in snow : 290/1000 3/9 30 min strength training 45 min walk 3/10 30 min yoga 25 min walk 410/1000
Hey busy ladies I'm thinking of you all.
O.K. not to be rude but this really bugs me. 1lb =1lb A pound of butter weighs the same as a pound of flour. But, 1lb of muscle is denser than 1lb of fat so its commen to loose inches but not pounds while exersizing because of gaining muscle while loosing fat.
Quote: Originally Posted by wildhoneypie 3/7 zilch 3/8 45 min walk in blizzard: (and sooo fun) 220/1000 3/8 30 min yoga 40 walking/playing in snow : 290/1000