or Connect

Posts by Stugroupie

My son has ADD, OD, and anxiety disorder.  He has been on a traditional ADD med for about a year and a half, but we are looking at trying a more natural approach.  Next week we will begin an elimination diet and adding krill oil and a multi-vite.    I have figured out what to eliminate from the diet and which krill oil to purchase, but I have no idea what to buy for a multi-vite.  I saw a recommendation that it should have zinc, iron and magnesium, but I don't really...
My son also had never attended school until a couple months ago.  We went from hs to 2nd grade at the local ps.  The transition has been difficult.  It was a quick decision for us and we didn't have much time to prepare.   I wish we would have started at the beginning of the year or at semester.  It has been difficult to make friends as most of the kids have already formed groups.  We are working on doing playdates, though to help him get to know some of the children...
 That's something to look into, then.  Here in IL HS'ing is really easy.  I put my son into 2nd grade a few months after school started w/ no testing questions or anything.  Definitely find out about your state's laws/ requirements if this is something you are thinking about doing.  Wouldn't want to get burned...
Thought I would chime in since this is not an option I saw anyone else share...   Here in IL, mandatory school age is 7yrs.  Not sure what it is there.  It is possible to skip kindy and just start at 1st grade.   My ds was not ready (emotionally) for preschool, kindy or even 1st grade.  I homeschooled him during that time, keepinghim at grade level until he was ready.  He enrolled in 2nd grade at the local public school this year and is doing very well.   I...
Wasn't sure where to put this, but hoping you ladies will know something about this. I have the opportunity to get wild CP. My children are 7, 4 and 6mos. I am wondering if it is OK to give wild CP to the 6mo. Are there any concerns? He is exclusively breastfed, so I was hoping with that and his young age it would be mild. I know he might not develop a lifelong immunity, but would still like my older kids to get it. This is a rare opportunity. Any help would be much...
You can find tons of great info on why it is unsafe for babies to sleep alone here... http://www.nd.edu/~jmckenn1/lab/index.html And this is a good news story - plus close to home... http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-100...,7099533.story I hope those links work!
Thanks so much! I have all the equipment and can't wait to try this! I used to borrwo my mil's pressure canner, but we got our own this year. I am canning everything in sight! A few questions, if you don't mind... How long do you process for pints & quarts? I'm assuming 10lbs pressure? How much cooked beans should I add when I reheat & serve? Thanks again!
Hey all. Does anyone have a recipe for chili that we can can in a pressure canner? I have only found one and it doesn't include beans. Would like something that hubby can take to work, heat & eat. TIA.
Rockford Holistic Moms Network Sensory Systems and How They Relate To Learning Wednesday May 19, 2010 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Location: Just Goods 201 7th Street; Rockford, IL Occupational Therapist, Tess Oster, and Physical Therapist, Craniosacral Therapist and Yoga Instructor, Rachel Bixby will come to talk about sensory issues with children and how they can effect learning. Come learn how to work with your child's sensory systems in order to promote learning.
This link should work for getting school ranking info. Otherwise, just do a search for "illinois interactive report card". Most communities do neighborhood schools, where you just attend the closest available school. I think in the city of Rockford, it is a little different for elementary school. You can request the schools you like best and then they try to put you into the school you want. Seems like a big confusing mess. Some people like it, others not so...