or Connect

Posts by Mama Bee

I just ordered a Mama Bee poncho (no, I'm not affiliated!!!) from www.babeeblessed.com. I haven't received it yet, I'll keep you posted if you would like.
I buy many of our remedies from ABC Homeopathy We use the following books:Homeopathic Medicine for Children and Infants by Dana Ullman, M.P.H. Homeopathy for Pregnancy, Birth, and Your Baby's First Year by Miranda Castro Your Vital Child by Mark and ANgela Stengler My favorite is Your Vital Child because it has herbals, aromatherapy and other types of remedies as well as complete homeopathic information. I find all three are useful for the entire family, not just...
Maybe you should read Siblings Without Rivalry. They talk about and work through many of the things you've mentioned. It might help. I checked a copy out at the local library but I've seen them used on the trading post, too. Good luck!
Quote: hope it works out for you. i would encourage you to seek out LLL in your area, too. i loved my group. they were a lot of support and fun. I have an awesome LLL group and a great circle of nursing friends. MDC is usually my first place to ask questions, though, because of the wide variety of perspectives and usually immediate response. Thanks for the links, they really are helpful!
Hey, Quirky!! A was on Reglan for a long time- I'm hoping to avoid it this time around. However, I haven't ruled it out yet. We'll see if the OAL stuff works before I take him to the ped. I hadn't considered using the 'extra' for A. but that's a really good idea. Before K was born, I had grand ideas of teaching A to nurse again but that's not going to happen so a cup of Na Na might be a good alternative.
Thanks for all the info, ladies! I really appreciate the support- I didn't have support like this with DS#1. Having this resource has made all the difference for me this time around. So, I think after reading the kellymom links, that I do have an over-active let down. I hope that's what's causing the reflux and DS not liking to comfort nurse. I KNOW that's what's causing him to gulp, etc and pull off and become fussy. So, I'm going to try the suggestions from the...
Background: DS #2 is five weeks old, nurses on demand, co-sleeps, and is carried in a sling 85% of the day. He weighed 10 lbs when he was born and weighed 13 about a week ago when I held him on the scale so he is obviously well nourished. 1) DS is quite the little sucker. He loves to suck- he wants to suck all the time. So, the problem is this- just because he wants to suck does not mean he wants to eat. Often, when he wants to suck but doesn't want to eat, he...
i've discovered that cutting back on the amount of soap i use really helps. it's a hemp issue for us, too but i refuse to give up my hemp!
nak we've got them here in the dc area. yep, the hybrid does have anoptional 3rd row seat.
It's actually the Prince George's Sports and Learning Complex. Just as an FYI, here's the MD code: Md. Code §20-801. S.B. 223, Chap. 369 Signed by Governor, 5/22/03 (a) A mother may breast-feed her child in any public or private location in which the mother and child are authorized to be. (b) A person may not restrict or limit the right of a mother to breast-feed her child. I think I'm going to try to contact the head of PG County Parks and Recreation...