or Connect

Posts by LaurenAnanas

So now one more person knows about my pregnancy: the director of the daycare center at my workplace. Yes, I had to get on the waitlist at 4 weeks gestation, to have even a fighting chance of getting the baby in. It was really nice. They showed me the nursing area (which looked comfortable and well loved and used) and told me about their open door policy for nursing and visits, etc... All the kids looked happy, it was super clean, and it was obvious that the staff...
We found out last Wednesday and kept it to ourselves for a few days. We have since told all of our immediate family members. Side note: my mom said "Congratulations, that's great! How do you feel?" My MIL said, "Congratulations, I hope it's a girl, but I'm okay with a boy! We were shopping the other day and decided someone needs to have a girl so we can buy cute dresses. I don't want to step on any toes, but can we throw you a shower? I know you're sensitive about...
Name: Lauren Screen Name: LaurenAnanas Age: 29 Other Children: None yet, just a dog Due Date: November 15th Where do you live: suburban Maryland (Balto. side, not DC) A brief intro: We're pretty excited about this whole parenting thing! I work in public health, and I'm lucky to have a great job with a great on-site daycare. I'm planning on a natural childbirth with a midwife at a freestanding birthcenter. We're also planning on exclusively breastfeeding/pumping,...
Just spoke to my GP, and the blood test confirmed it! Thanks for all the good wishes, I hope you get yours soon.
So, I went for the blood test yesterday, and I guess I'll get the results today or tomorrow. No AF, or any signs of it, but a new weird thing started yesterday. My breast are extremely sore and tender. We were at the grocery store, getting some ice cream (Green & Blacks, the organic chocolate company, now make ice cream. It's verrrry chocolatey.), and I decided it couldn't hurt to try another home test. Tested last night at home and.... Again this...
Quote: Originally Posted by HMB Sorry...I've been out of the loop for a week or so...what CD are you on? Since you are TTC, maybe you would be open to looking into some migraine treatment that is not in the pharmaceutical area? That way you could start treatment immediately even if you are pregnant...and continue the treatment through pregnancy (just in case you get migraines thoroughout). There are many tricks for headaches with herbs or aromatherapy,...
Congrats, Birdie! Quote: Originally Posted by Amber Lion Have you tested yet? I have to say, pregnancy changes happen RIGHT AWAY!!! They really do, so your nausea at night, the migraine, and a late AF could all be pg signs. I'm hoping good things for you!!! I tested on Saturday and it was negative. It was not an early dectection type test though, as my husband picked it out and didn't know any better. All the cramping I had has...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~*Jaime Hey girls My MIL keeps bugging me. She think I am pregnant and just not telling her Ugh. I'm with you there. When I only had a few sips of wine at dinner the other night, and then swapped glasses with Matt (when she was talking to someone else), she whipped her head around and stared at me, and then I saw her out of the corner of my eye all night, giving me "elevator eyes" and staring at my belly....
Temping's been a mess for me too! I've been sleeping very poorly over the last week, so I haven't even bothered to temp most mornings. I've been waking up several times a night, either freezing cold or boiling hot, sometimes nauseous, and it's really annoying. I don't know what's going on, but I had my first migraine yesterday. That sounds like some sort of children's toy, when you say it that way. According to Dr. Internet, some women experience their first...
Hi! I'm new here and really happy to have found MDC. My husband and I are both 29 and trying for our first. I was on the pill for 5 years and went off last Spring, used other methods of birth control through January, and tried in earnest this month. I've been charting since September, and this month is looking abnormal, temp wise. That is, no clear, obvious ovulation date but some possible ones... Anyone have any experience with mittelshmertz? I have had...