or Connect

Posts by LaurenAnanas

I too only wash baby carriers when they are dirty. My DD was not a spitter-upper or anything, so that's been pretty infrequent! When I did, It was a cold wash and line dry. Unless they are visibly dirty, I'd probably just try airing them out a bit if they have, you know, storage smells.   I have an ergo a "fancy" Moby (with a decorative panel and side knot) an adjustable Rockin' Baby pouch sling a Solarveil ring sling from a WAHM   I like them...
Quote:   Me too! I took the infant prefolds out of my toddler's stash and moved them to the pile of newborn stuff we've gotten out of storage.   Diapering my energetic toddler does take some of the edge off, though.
I hope you learn lots and enjoy the class!  
I had my daughter at Special Beginnings in 2008 and I did have to wait a few times because of births (never more than 15 minutes). Maybe once I got a call a few hours before my appointment to reschedule because they were so backed up from several births that day that they didn't think they'd have time to fit everyone in. They do have more midwives than a solo practice but they also have a lot more clients.   The only person I know who's never been bumped or delayed...
Does the C.A. have poultry-keeping rules that are different from the County's?  If not, your biggest problem will be distance from other houses. We live in Ellicott City and we're zoned "R-20" according to the Howard County "My Neighborhood" map. In that zone, "farming" is permitted, provided that on a lot of less than 40,000 square feet, no fowl other than for the normal use of the family residing on the lot and no livestock. You can find the map here:...
Anni Rodriguez of Simply Born http://simply-born.webs.com/   She's in Cockeysville and new to the area as of 2010, but attended births in California for a long, long time before moving out here.
Wow, this thread is great!   We did cloth with DD and plan to use it again. We made do with infant-sized prefolds and skipped the newborn size- we had to throw in a fold at the back waist to make them short enough in the rise, but we just found that helped stop poo from flowing upwards and outwards. We did use XS Thirsties covers, though, which were extremely effective.   I bought some not great OS pockets last time and they were terrible until baby hit 7-8...
DD was born at a free-standing birth center and it was nice.   This time, though, we're having a homebirth. WooHOO! We have a great midwife team and things have been going great with them. Don't know how I'll feel about water (didn't get much out of it last time) but we have a giant jacuzzi tub in our master bath, which we'll have ready to use.   We've told some relatives but not others. We expect my husbands family to have irrelevant objections (they were SO...
  Hey, it's your first post! Welcome! Are you affiliated with Bradley? FWIW, I'm not affiliated with Bradley or Brio or any other org. I'm just a consumer. I wouldn't worry about any of these things, myself.   Brio originally started under the name Bradley Reborn, but they were completely blocked from using the Bradley name so they can't say anything about similarities or differences to Bradley on their website. There is a lawsuit pending about that. You wouldn't be a...
Brio is a brand new organization, so you probably won't find anyone who's taken a class.  But, Brio's philosophies and techniques are very similar to Bradley, from what I hear. So if the "Bradley Method" appeals to you, and you like the teacher, I say go for it.   I think an individual teacher's style and values are more important than which organization she's affiliated with. She is clearly down with homebirth, so that's good. You should be able to ask the teacher...