or Connect

Posts by Norasmomma

Very sad, but I am glad the parents have put this information out there.
My DD was a wreck from 16-ish month to oh 2.5. She was ahead of the curve with the Tyrannical Threes. She also teethed non-stop from 14-18 months. Clingy, whiny, yep toddlers are fun. I remember DH and I having a conversation about how there was no way we could have another kid when she was 19 months, by the time she was a bit over 2 I got pg, she chilled a bit there around the 2 mark, but 2.5 oh my she was a wreck.
She sounds like my grandmother. My g-ma has always talked about her non-bio grandkids and now great-grandkids more than her real ones, she treats us bad and is plain ol not nice. Currently she goes on and on about how awesome my step-sis's son is and how smart he is, does she say ONE nice thing about MY children, uh not a chance I would personally not want my children exposed to that, especially with a new baby and DH being gone. I think it is totally reasonable to...
Well it's only an hour to my mom's and I see her at least once a month, so it's not a big deal like she's making it. I think in her mind she thinks I'm choosing them over her or something. Since DD was born we have had Christmas at our house, we have a tradition of Christmas eve-eve at my dad's, Christmas eve at my IL's and then Christmas(or the closest Sunday) at our house. This is also because my mom lives on a mountain and the driveway is rather dangerous in the...
I'm not sure where to post this, so I'm posting here. I'm an adult only child, I do have a step-sister and a step-brother who are rarely around my family except my step sis will come over for holidays. My mom *hates* Thanksgiving because her mom would buy the hugest turkey cook it until it was way overdone and then feed it to them for months from the freezer, so she hates turkey and therefore Thanksgiving. The holidays when my parents were together were a...
That age for me was the hardest, DD was a really difficult 16m to 2-ish. Toddlers are hard and busy, with zero regard for danger. I felt like most days I was trying to save DD from herself. Plus my DD dropped most napping at 18 months, and in turn had a meltdown from being overly tired most days. Some things that worked for me were giving her some of her own cooking stuff, a bowl, a spoon. Playing in the sink, she loved that. A nice stool or learning tower type...
Quote: Originally Posted by Catubodua i was browsing through an album of photos of my great-niece and was surprised by several photos. she's 5 1/2 months old, and when the pizza crust one was taken i'd bet she was just over 5 months. i was SO shocked, to be honest, because it would never occur to me to give one to a baby that young. My DD ripped a ham sandwich out of my hands at about 5 months, this was after weeks of trying to keep it food...
Quote: Originally Posted by madskye . I don't have great advice but one of my friends says it helps her to say "Hey?? What are you, FOUR years old ??" and that helps her keep behaviors and her own expectations in check when she's exasperated. My DH says the same thing when DD acts like that I have a 4 year old, I have witnessed some behavior that yes is button pushing with her-like literal button pushing. Me "Please don't touch,...
I am trying for the life of me to make a meal plan, but I just am not into it this week. Been kinda going with the flow. Last night we had sloppy joes, coleslaw and homemade yukon gold fries. Tonight I making grilled caesar chicken breasts, strawberry spinach salad, and rice pilaf. I went shopping for veggies yesterday, so I have a bunch of stuff I could make. I need inspiration.
Supercook is recipe search engine that will find recipes based on ingredients you enter-super cool site.