or Connect

Posts by Norasmomma

Quote: Originally Posted by HollyBearsMom SHe is 4 right? I guess I don't see how a 4 year old can be a "button pusher" even a spirited extroverted one If you don't believe it is sensory (though even a sensory kid will put up with some negative input if its is fun like a costume) then maybe it is a manifestion of her need for more attention. She wants/needs more of your time and to a 4 year old any attention, even negative attention, can answer...
5 months, both my kids started solids around then. I know for a fact that it was the first thing we really gave DS because he was screaming bloody murder until we gave him one. It's a great thing for them to gnaw on. Obviously it is a very personal choice considering how many are not giving any grain products. My DS does have an allergy to sesame seeds, but that wasn't discovered until he was 10 months and ate hummus, so I don't relate that to him sucking on...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan How much warning do you give that it's going to be time to leave? What kind of results to you get with "we'll be going to XYZ in 15 minutes, get dressed now"? And then picking her clothes for her at the 8 minute mark and putting them on her at the 5 minute mark (if she hasn't already started) "I see you need help with your clothes, not a problem!" As for scattered clothes, try reminding her as she takes them...
Are you against putting him in school? His sitting around watching TV is probably not helping, especially CN, it's riddled with cartoon violence. He probably does need more structure. Maybe now isn't the time to be homeschooling(or as you said no schooling). Have you asked him about the foot incident? Is he jealous because DD is getting all of his attention leaving him to hurt her for some attention? I'd be concerned, on a few levels.
I'm not a DR follower, but I just wanted to say that is pretty lame they flamed you for getting medicaid. Welcome back to MDC. This forum is really helpful, I found it a few years ago and the F&F has helped us get much more fiscally sound.
Quote: Originally Posted by jeminijad I don't think it is a "hang up." Taking off your clothes and then complaining that you are cold... it is not unreasonable to work to change this situation, or ask for advice on how to do so. Thanks that's how I feel too. I think the reason it is bugging me so much is the other day I had a friend over who was getting her hair cut, DD stripped in the living room after I had specifically said to leave her...
Ohhh I'd love to join in. I have been setting a timer and cleaning with DD for 5 minutes. It gets her motivated to clean the living room with me. Yesterday I cleaned my pantry and organized my whole food scene. Today I'd like to clean my fridge, and then go buy some groceries. Need to make a meal plan too. Clean fridge do dishes shop for a few perishable items vacuum downstairs make meal plan and write it out for the week I like the toy rotation idea.
Nope my DD is 4 and still most nights wakes cup at least once. The reality is many in the under 5 set don't STTN. My 1yr old does and has for most of his life, go figure.
I have to say that it really isn't a hang-up, it's more that it's been going on for literally years. She just really likes being naked, and yes Dh and I sometimes are naked, Dh is in the AM before the hops in the shower, myself not so much now with kids. Part of the issue is the complaining about being cold, if you are cold you probably need something to keep you warm-like clothes, a blanket, something. She also will strip her shoes and socks in the library. She has...
Well see that's the thing, she many times strips even underwear, and strips when people are over. I guess I'm the weirdo who wants her to have clothes on, sorry I asked. It's a battle for her to even wear underwear, that is the biggest issue-nakey jay just gets to me after awhile.