or Connect

Posts by Norasmomma

Quote: Originally Posted by JollyGG Why does she need to wear clothes? So my question is - Why is it important to you that she wears clothes at home? Well frankly I am sick of seeing her in her underwear, or usually nothing. We have friends over. She is complaining she's cold, but won't put something on, the list goes on. She lacks a certain modesty and I get tired of her being all spread eagle or putting her bottom in her baby brother's...
Well I was doing well with my plans, but the last couple days have been really just plain hard. DD has been a terror, although today she's back to her sweet self. DH is sick and I'm feeling a bit tired and just run down. I was thinking about making some chicken soup today, I have to go out and dig up a carrot though in the rain, not really looking forward to that. I have a bunch of stuff though for soup, stock, chicken, onions, celery and such-so I think I should do...
Oh that's a good idea, I've kinda tried that with DD, but maybe making it like you can ONLY be naked there would work. Problem though I think she'll never leave the bathroom because she'll be in there all.the.time.
I say this like 10 times a day to my DD who is 4. She strips at the drop of a hat, she always has and it is beginning to drive me totally insane. If we are in town she'll stay dressed, sometimes she takes her shoes and socks off int he car, but mostly she just strips as soon as we are home or when she is getting a bit comfortable(her clothes are not uncomfy either, they are cotton, stretchy pants and shirts, or comfy cotton dresses). Dh and I both have no idea what to...
Quote: Originally Posted by starlein26 Same here. My middle child has an INTENSE personality and she needs FIRM boundaries and lots.of.help controlling herself when she's angry. Since being more firm (which I hate btw) she's calmed down dramatically. Me too, my DD is an extroverted very spirited child, she's a PITA when she is in one of her moods. Speaking softly does.not.work. She needs a firm voice and usually a time out because she will end...
Well I've been very upfront with DD since I was pg with DS. She went and saw ultrasounds and went to Dr's appts with me, so she knows enough about female/male bodies. I have told her about human eggs and she's seen an ovulation video on YouTube, because she's so fascinated about it. She knows that when girls grow up they have periods so they can have babies. I have found her putting a pad in her underwear because she says she's going to have a baby. She's 4 and...
I saw this a month or so ago and LMAO, I live in the land of up-crunchy-ing. If you haven't had a homebirth, CD, never give a bottle, use only wooden toys, eat only all organic-you are on your own. SO I AM on my own. I had an emergency CS, gave both kids bottles at 1 month with pumped milk, I eat some junk food, use sposies because I friggin HATE laundry and my DD carries a Disney Princess lunch-box. I honestly laughed so hard I cried, it's sad but true. The mommy...
I think letting her go crazy then getting puking sick was a perfect opportunity for her to learn WHY sweets are good in moderate amounts, and not so good when pigged out upon. My DD is a full on candy freak, partly because we really have to limit her consumption due to her getting spun and making it extremely difficult to deal with her. My ILs have candy everywhere, so awhile back DH and I decided we were sick.to.death. of being the candy police, so we let DD have a...
My babies are both fall babes, I live in a drafty 100 year old farmhouse, sleeping w/out blankets is really not an option. I always slept with them in the crook of my arm or on my chest. I also used a pillow because with my neck there was no way I could not have a pillow. I pulled the blanket down and slept with long sleeve shirts. I always have slept super light when they were little, my mama instincts were on high alert. Babies have slept with their mamas for...
What I get out of it is that if she were under 4 she would have lacked the self-control in the eyes of the law, BUT since she was almost 5 she should know to not ride too fast and run into an elderly lady. Hmmmmm...so if you are 4 you lack the judgment, but if you are a couple months shy of 5 by golly you better have some self control. Gimme a friggin break