or Connect

Posts by Norasmomma

Are they your ILs? Sometimes in laws can be so weird. I'm lucky my ILs are not like that, but I know many that are and just treat DILs like they don't count or something It's really quite stupid. For us all our family treat DD and DS equally, and in fact my MIL treats us better in some ways. DH is one of her favorites because he was always helping her as a kid, so she has a special bond with him. When both our kids were born she showered us with gifts and money. I...
The only thing that helped with DD was time. DS started climbing, but he got scared because a dining room chair fell over on him
My son eats constantly, he's 13 months. He is incredibly active and takes after his dad's brothers who lean, mean eating machines. He eats more than many adults.
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchy_mommy I have been trying hard to get him to play by himself. I certainly have no expectation that he'll sit for hours on end & play alone... but I do think at 20mos old I should reasonably be able to sit nearby while he plays by himself for 5 minutes. Instead, he tells me "mommy WAKE UP!" (which means don't lay down) or "no book, bye bye book" (so I can't read) and the worst, "bye bye Daddy" (no cuddling DH). Then he...
Do you have a Fred Meyer or something like that where you live? They have bulk items and HFS stuff for so much cheaper than most HFS. I find that most health food stores mark-up is way high. I know my local one is. I try to shop there as little as possible due to it burning all my money, but I do have to go there sometimes for spices, og popcorn, local flour and some other items.
I've said it a bunch, my DD was a terror of a toddler and I could barely deal with her at times. She would just cling, and follow and tantrum and go crazy. It was downright annoying at times, and yes I've said "go away", "leave me alone"....because I need some time alone to get my bearings. It's ok. Toddlers are a true test of patience. My DD tested my patience every.single.day. plus I was pg and it was pretty miserable, at times I feel bad because I was pretty...
Most of the time, but at home I really could care less. DS looks pretty cute and almost all his clothes are found second hand.
$120 a quarter or $40 bucks a month hi-speed wi-fi.
I am, my DD has been extremely difficult at times. She would scream, throw crazy tantrums, run away and just be awful. I would see other moms with kids her age who mellow children and wonder "WTH?! am I doing wrong?" Really though, she is an amazing, precocious, spirited little girl who now makes me laugh most days. As a toddler she was just rough. Still there are days I wish she would just calm down a bit. I'm jealous of my SILs who are both mothers of more kids...
Quote: Originally Posted by my2girlz I would love to join! I'm going to use it as a way to prepare for the birth of our next baby (due in 3 weeks). I would love to use up the odds and ends in the house and feed the freezer with things I've made using them up. Tonight dh will be making something with chicken, stuffing, and broccoli. Welcome! I have a bunch of recipes for feeding the freezer that are tried and true, I use for post-baby and...