or Connect

Posts by Norasmomma

I had easy babies and I am not a newborn person, sure they smell great, but it's once they hit around 6 months they get fun at least for me. My ILs are really baby people, they LOVE babies. I like babies but I'm not giddy like they are. I'll admit I'm not much of a toddler fan, at least my DD at toddler age, she was extremely difficult. Every age has it's great parts and downfalls.
Alyantavid-what's this vegan spaghettios recipe, I'm interested.
Quote: Originally Posted by springmum YES....tired.....my 2.5 yr old DS was up at 4:30 today ready to take on the world...yawn. My spirited toddler is often described by others as INTENSE. He feels everything more intensely and does everything bigger, louder and with more energy. He is also the most GENTLE and loving little boy. Sure he gets into everything, but he is not aggressive with other children ever. In fact I caught him kissing another little...
2 was the worst for me, DD was really pretty difficult from 19m-2.5. Very difficult. I could have been in this tribe 2 years ago, every single day was a battler and the only thing that really saved my sanity was the help I got here on MDC, no one IRL knew how much *more* a spirited child can be. I do have one friend now who has a son who is nearly as wound up as DD, but at 4 she has mellowed. She is the most difficult kid in her preschool, her impulse control can be...
Quote: Originally Posted by rightkindofme We take turns socializing. One parent is on 100% kid duty and all they do is follow the kid around intervening. It's a way to stay connected with people but honestly the parties aren't usually that fun. Yep, it sucks but this is life with a toddler. I remember the Thanksgiving my DD was 14 months, my mom had cups of scissors, sharpened pencils, a burning wood stove and a million other things all at...
Quote: Originally Posted by AprilM What was the reasoning behind the blood test vs skin test? And how did you get your LO to sit still enough for a blood test?! LOL The allergist felt since it was a known substance(hummus) and he's a baby it would be easier to test on him with the blood test. For us they were accurate enough, my DS had a pretty severe reaction(I took him to the ER). His eye swelled shot, he had 100 small hives, and was very...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mom2SammyJoe If I join do I have to stop shopping? Is it a bad thing to look forward to weekly grocery shopping as an outing/recreation? Some do keep out of stores, some buy only perishables, some(like myself) are attempting to use some of the odds and ends we have. I'm trying to clear out some of my freezer stuff, but I am also stocking up on things. Tonights tacos were amazingly great, cabbage salad, pico de...
I would slowly stock up and build a pantry if you can(or need to). What I have done was still buy on sale, with coupons(if I can). Last winter I bought $160 worth of groceries for $100 bucks with my FS when they went up from our family size increasing. I bought a TON of baking supplies, like sweetened condensed milk, choc chips, butter-all with coupons and sales, I stock up on coffee too. All that stuff is on sale right now or soon. I have a very well stocked...
Mama hang in there it is ROUGH being pg with 2.5 year old, I know from experience, it was pretty much awful. DD ran away all.the.time. she drove me nuts, I cried most days and thought "what the hell am I gonna do with 2 of them?" The cusp of 3 is a transition that is many times not easy, 2 year olds are cute, still listen and can be very fun. 2.5-3ish is the HIGH point of defiance and tantrumming. They are no longer your sweet little baby, their personalities come...
Quote: Originally Posted by nextcommercial \ No.. she said hundreds... I got crazy with the zeros. Well that makes it much more sense.