or Connect

Posts by PaytonPlace

I had my Mirena removed today after 7 months of inconsistent bleeding, and other hormonal BC side effects.  We're just going to use condoms + spermacide for now.  DH & I are done having kids but not ready for anything permanent for another couple years because we're still in our late 20s.     I was wondering, for those that had Mirena removed, how long after did it take for your regular cycles to resume?  
I've tried several different BC pills, done the patch, used FAM in between my two children and I finally had the Mirena IUD inserted 7 months ago.  We are done having children but don't want to do anything permanent for another 5-7 years. The only thing I am liking about the Mirena is that I don't have to remember to do or take anything to prevent pregnancy.  For the first 6-8 weeks, I was spotting every single day.  My periods (yes, I'm still getting periods on Mirena)...
I am tired. I feel like all I think and talk about is my sleep deprivation. This has been such a different experience for us because our DD was a great sleeper without any effort and we were spoiled. DS is FF and wakes up every single night for a bottle. He has never slept all night during his entire 9 months. He takes good naps during the daytime, usually an hour in the morning and probably 2ish hours in the afternoon. He goes to sleep pretty easily, on his own,...
Quote: Originally Posted by just_lily We froze in ice cube trays as well, and then popped them out and kept them in a ziploc bag in the freezer. If I needed to take them somewhere I would just put them in a little tupperware container, or a small take and toss type container. Same here.
The more I read about this, the more it seems like a promotion of an eating disorder. Sorry to those that enjoy it.
I agree with the majority of what others have written. Focus on good quality foods. It's really that simple at this age. And I agree that it is a great time for the entire family to become dedicated to a healthy lifestyle. I don't think she's overweight just because she's at the top of the charts. How is she height-wise? My DD was born 10lbs 7oz and she was off the charts for both height & weight until she was 3 1/2. Once she turned 3, she pretty much stayed the...
We use California Baby diaper rash cream. It's $9.99 at Target. Easy to apply, works great, natural ingredients, hands don't feel greasy or gross after using it.
We went on vacation last month and were using Huggies the entire time. We didn't have any problems or rashes, except horrible leaking! ughh, and it took a few days once we were back to get back into the CD routine. We had been using regular Tide on everything, including the CD, since DS was born. Within the past month, he had started having some bad eczema breakouts on his face and shoulders. So, we changed out detergent and have been using Charlie's Soap for all of...
I am on my 3rd cycle of being on a generic tri-phasic BC pill. Before I started this, I haven't taken hormonal birth control in over 3 years. I have been noticing that I have what is exactly like EWCM several different times throughout the month. And I've also noticed that at random times when I have a bowel movement, I will have what seems like super fertile, long stretchy EWCM. Like I will look down to wipe and there will be a long piece of EWCM. I know that is...
I have no idea. I can't/don't want an IUD because I've had a previous ectopic pregnancy. The only thing I like about BC pills is how great my skin looks on them but I hate the moodiness and lack of sex drive and I'm worried about how it will affect my milk supply. I don't want to rely on FAM because I don't have a consistent sleep pattern and I know I do not want to have another child for at least another 3 years, if at all. I hate condoms. So, who knows. I really...