or Connect

Posts by RoseRedHoofbeats

Five weeks is REALLY early for sperm to return- there's still swelling around his vas defrens and in his scrotum that can keep them from travelling up into the seminal fluid.   Give it at least another six. Hang in there!   ~Rose
I have a client that I took on a pro-bono basis- she's due December 31st and I'm out of town until the 1st. She initiatlly was going to have her sister attend the birth, but it's become more and more apparent that she's not going to be enough support for my client. She has a very good midwife and is giving birth at The Birth Center in Holladay. She's feeling the most nervous about not having someone to be there while she's laboring at home, someone to help drive her,...
I think we can all agree that this story is complete fiction written by somebody who just wanted to stir up the stupid hippies. *rolls eyes* ~Rose
I am 23 and a student doula as well as lactation consultant. I find that most concerns about my age go away when people find out I'm still nursing my three year old. =P I haven't attended births as a primary doula yet, mostly just done postpartum work, and people seem to be more open to that. I think that women who are older than me find it hard to trust me as a support person- they want someone who seems older and more experienced or around their own age. BUT there are...
Okay, so I am trying to recover from two back to back miscarriages and get my body in shape for TTC. I want a high-calorie smoothie to help me gain weight (I am a former anorexic and need to gain 5-10 pounds.   The ingredients I want to include are: Frozen fruit Full fat yogurt Wheat germ oil (for vit E) Flax oil (for omega 3s) Spirulina powder Maca powder     The fruit and yogurt were fine, as you might imagine. The oils have very little taste so...
Pre-baby rabies Hormonal birth control- I was on this in my teenaged years and loved it- made my periods really light, no mood side effects, but now that I am TTC and merely trying to space out between pregnancies/miscarriages, not a good option Condoms- not my favorite by far but they're good in a pinch. NFP/FAM/LAM- Well, I like the idea, but I got pregnant on it, so... =P   Post- baby rabies Vasectomy- hated it. Took my husband forEVER to climax (we're...
I'm so sorry this is troubling you so- please just try to take it easy as much as you can. I stayed up for nearly two days straight because I kept checking my pads, and that's not a good state to be in- whenever you're pregnant or miscarrying or not. Even cramps and increased bleeding are not always a sign of the end- it can all really really depend. And some women miscarry without any symptoms at all for weeks. It's so maddening, I know.   *hugs* some more. Hang in...
There are many reasons for spotting in an otherwise healthy pregnancy. Sex or even just checking can irrittate the cervix, which is very soft and engorged with blood right now. There can be a slight dip in progesterone around when you would have gotten your period, because the placenta hasn't switched on to making its own progesterone yet. Sometimes there is bleeding when the placenta starts to seperate from the yolk sac and embed itself into the lining. Sometimes you...
I've used Lunapads since I was 15 and absolutely love them. That was 8 years ago, and I still have the first three pads I bought from them. Works for me. They can be expensive but they have great monthly sales and Facebook promotion codes, so you can buy your stash a little bit at a time until you have enough for a full cycle. ~Rose  
Oh honey, no. Nursing did not cause your miscarriage. I promise. The release of oxytocin from nursing and its effects on your uterus would be so negligble on an early pregnancy. You'd release far more just by making love which is also not going to cause a miscarriage.   *hugs* Be gentle with yourself.   ~Rose