or Connect

Posts by MissinNYC

#1  28 hours (hospital, interventions) #2  5-6 hours #3  2 hours #4  2 hours(almost born in car)   Sheesh.This one better slow down!
I've never understood all the fear about kids being left in cars on not too hot days for 10 minutes or so. The fears people seem to manifest about this seem so crazy to me. Like, "what if you get involved in a hold up, or have a heart attack, or get hit by a car?" All of those things would be dangerous with a kid, and at that rate, it would be incredibly dangerous to have a heart attack while driving, but no one worries about that too much.   Anyhoo, leaving a car...
How old are the foster kids? Old enough to tell the worker? Personally, I'd just adapt a dont ask dont tell policy. My workers never asked where I was birthing and I never shared it. As long as the FKs are going elsewhere for the actual birth (which is a good idea for many reasons, including possible trauma they've experienced) I wouldn't say a thing. Make sure you have documentation that the kids were elsewhere and don't worry about it, IMO.
in our state the stipend starts at roughly 500 per month and goes up to ~2000, based on medical needs.  
  Actually the stipend/reimbursement is not your FK's money. It's yours. There is a portion which must legally go to the child's clothing and personal expenses (here it's a about 1.50 per day) and the rest is your stipend for his care. You can bank it, spend it, whatever you want. Of course you should use it for the child's needs if necessarybut it's also perfectly moral to spend it on a TV or a car payment or whatever you want. It's a laughably low rate, considered on an...
I have never heard of, nor can I imagine, any state allowing breastmilk to be given to foster kids. Donated, tested, or otherwise. While an infant in in the FC system, they are still their parent's child and their parents make medical decisions for them. You are also not allowed to nurse a foster child. You need to use formula for kids coming from foster care.   You will not get diapers, you will only be allowed to get formula and juice, sometimes babyfood/oatmeal. I...
I have felt fine with all my natural births to go out within a couple days or a week. For the first few days I've felt super tired. My vulva/vagina doesn't usually hurt, it's actually more of an all-over soreness and back/abdominal pain. I would say it took about a week or 10 days to feel fully back to normal. But I have terrible pregnancies, so not being pregnant is wonderful for me after ten months of suffering (gladly).  
In response to the earlier poster- if a fire were to start in a child's bedroom, I imagine having a closed locked door would not be best for that child, no. But the vast majority of fires do not start in bedrooms, especially children's bedrooms. Most start in kitchens, adult bedrooms, basements, etc. You and your child are both statistically much safer with closed (no comment on the locking) doors to sleep. Just like there is some tiny percentage of people who are killed...
Yes, as a foster parent I've taken many fire safety classes and the fire chiefs have always stressed that all people's doors should be shut (not necessarily locked) when sleeping- they said many a time it had clearly saved kids' lives. It keeps fire into whatever room it started in (at least for a while) and gives a bit more time to whoever is sleeping. I go around before going to bed and shut all the doors to every room in the house.   I don't think locking a...
That chart seems crazy to me. It says our family of 7 should be spending over 700-800 per month and we spend just about 500. I can't imagine spending that much. We do not eat any organics. We eat meat roughly 5-6 times per week.