or Connect

Posts by BCattS

I've picked through this thread and the bigger pregnancy thread and now know there's not much to do but wait until my u/s tomorrow-- but tonight I'm sitting at home with mild cramps after some pink spotting all day at work. I've had TONS of discharge with this pregnancy (TMI sorry ) so really it was more like pinkish brownish discharge with a little blood in my undies, but still. Also terribly nauseous but maybe that's just anxiety. At this point I'm convinced it could...
My favorite smoothie: 1 cup vanilla soy milk 1 cup oats 1/2 cup orange juice 1 banana handful of spinach leaves handful of frozen fruit blend + yum! It's a make-and-take for me... put it in a tall, wide-mouthed jar with a lid and my first hour at the office is delicious! (and I stay pretty full and nice and regular with the oats!)
Writer. Marketing/ Branding/ Strategy/ Advertising.
I passed my national certification exam (WHEW!! that thing is NO JOKE, mamas!!) in February but have not paid for my license yet because I'm not practicing. I have an almost 3 year old and went to school with the same ideas about massage you have-- not too many hours, good money, flexible schedule. Well, I have not pursued it because we can't take the financial start-out risk right now, and in this economy, I just don't know if "pampering" -- even though massage is...
Username: BCattS Due Date: April 28 Baby # 2 Gender: We will find out ASAP!
Try Goodwill or Salvation Army for your bread machine. I recently got a 2007 model WITH instructions and recipe book for $12 at GW. It's already paid for itself multiple times! Good luck!
I love that someone referred to it as "assignment" giving. That's a perfect description. My husband's extended family draws names each xmas... he's one of the youngest of 14 cousins all with families of their own, so that's a lot of people. The price limit is $50 or so and it just seems so absurd to go out and buy another b.s. item for the spouse of a cousin we hardly know. And then they open everything one by one so everyone can ooh and aaah! It takes forever when we...
We live right in the heart of Nashville-- in a thriving and diverse community known simply as East Nashville. We're just on the other side of the river from downtown in an historic and emerging neighborhood. It's like a small town over here, a lovely, supportive community with bike lanes and very pedestrian-friendly. I can walk to the grocery (although I'll admit it's not my FIRST grocery pick, but things are improving!), the library, the elem. school where my daughter...
We don't eat meat at our house, and our DCP serves tons of nasty, processed meats-- even something described as "barbeque chicken wonder bites." Ugh. I'm pretty sure I've become "that mom." I get a menu every week (upon request) and send substitutes for the meat every day. I know it's a disruption in their day. In fact, they even made me get a note from my pediatrician stating that DD was on a meat-free diet, as if it were an allergy. In the beginning when she was...
There's also mvelopes.com. Virtual envelope system that works with your bank online-- has totally changed the way we use our money. I have a ton of envelopes, constantly tweaking things. The best part is that it's online so DH can check our envelopes from work (and so can I) every day. Small fee but it's been quite worth it so far. Good luck!