or Connect

Posts by BCattS

Long story, but I'm taking my NCETMB today to become certified (and then licensed) to practice massage. I started massage school when my daughter was an infant. I started for all the right reasons: good intention, doing good work, providing therapeutic service, etc... but ALSO because I saw in this path a way to have flexible hours, work fewer hours for the money, be home more with my kiddo, etc. Now that I'm finally exiting the school/ licensing process, it just...
I usually give a choice: Do you want to pick up the dress up clothes or the books first? Can't say it always works-- she is two and a half, after all, but at least she feels like she has some control. We also sing the clean-up song and I give many thank-yous. The most effective method in my house, however, did not even come from me: at the end of Big Comfy Couch (PBS) which we do watch from time to time, the annoying clown stands on the couch and says, "Hey, who made...
Quote: Originally Posted by root*children I run a vegetarian inhome daycare, so the snacks I make have to be quick to make, wholesome, and inexpensive, and appeal to at least the majority of the kids Here's things we have on a regular basis: snacks-popcorn with coconut oil & sea salt diced apricots and pecans tamari roaster various nuts (cashews, almonds, what-have-you) tortilla sandwiches with refried beans & cream cheese pretzels apple slices with PB...