or Connect

Posts by rubidoux

My first pregnancy was normal, posterior I guess, and the second anterior.  The difference was huge.  I do hope you don't have an anterior placenta again so you can experience all the moving and kicking.  I had never heard that a woman can be prone to it.  I thought it was pretty much a matter of chance.
Aww, that's too cute!  My older one is always telling my younger one, in a bit of a pissy tone, that he's lucky that he still gets to nurse but he won't be able to do it forever.  lol  
About a year ago, he said, and I think I started a thread just like this to share, "I'm not thirsty, I'm nursty!"  lol  I thought that was a pretty sure sign that he was getting too old.  Now, today he's nursing (we're down to about 5 min most days and every once in a while we'll skip a day) and he says "wop wop wop, nursing gangham style...  heyyyyyyy sexy lady..."  Oh my!     And just for the record, I don't really believe he's "too old" nor do I know what that is....
      Holy cow!  You guys rock!  :)  I'm gonna use the Hemingway quote and "Don't judge a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes."  Perfect!  I love the Anne Landers one, too!  lol   And, mamalisa, that is crazy!  I wonder if the person who said that didn't know what the word "condescending" means.    That just doesn't make any sense.  
  The "You are so weak..." one might be close or right on...  except that I don't think its meaning is very apparent.  Like, you have to think about what it might mean, yk?  I'm looking for something to put in my signature in another forum.  I may end up just using "There, but for the grace of god, go I" but I don't know a lot of people there, or anyone well enough for them to know anything about me, and I don't want them to assume either that I'm religious or that the...
Are there any phrases or quotes that mean the same thing, but have no religious implications?  I have always loved this idea and thought of it as a guiding principal in my life, but I am not religious...  Just curious if anyone knows of anything.  
Thanks you guys!   I'm wondering if the clo/bo tastes better than just clo?   Hmmm.... that makes sense, like a teaspoon of CLO is plenty for the vitamins but may or may not be as much fish oil as you'd want?  I'll go read a bit about the skate oil. 
I am trying to really make sure I get the right fats, but for some reason I cannot wrap my head around it.  As a type I diabetic, I am very much up on a lot of nutritional stuff but this is the one I don't get.  Sigh...  I guess my real question is whether you all think this is a healthy list of fats to have in my diet.   Currently my fat comes from:  dairy (including heavy whipping cream, cheeses, kerrygold butter), coconut oil (about 1 T/day), sparse olive oil (I...
I'm not an unschooler, either, but I wanted to say that I wouldn't be at all worried about his handwriting.  I'm sure that a little practice will go a long way if he decides he wants to improve it.     As for the how to write a sentence part, I think I would want to nudge him towards learning.  I wonder if you could find an internet forum that he would be interested in participating in or maybe some kind of pen pal.  I wouldn't be surprised if after an hour of...
I went in today and they didn't have the CLO ones.  Too bad.  I think I'm going to have to wait a while to try the fermented CLO as there's just no room for it in the budget.  I don't think I'm going to get the fish oil caps either bc I eat salmon almost every day anyway.  Oh well...