or Connect

Posts by yitlan

I don't like soda at all. And I used to be strict about the kids never having it. Hubby said I should relax about it and we do what his parents did: you can have one soda a week.  I bought real sugar soda (Hansen's) and stock up when it's on sale.  After I did that they hardly ever asked for it!  But it did probably decrease the forbidden fascination aspect of it.  They know they can have it if they really want it.  And if we're at a party or celebration, they'll ask for...
I'm not Jewish and have had limited exposure to kosher laws. My kids went to a Jewish preschool with the separate kitchens and strict rules about what was allowed into the school. That's the extent of my exposure.  I'm looking at some bakeware that is kosher certified.  The company says this certification shows that food (and the material the bakeware is constructed from) is not transferred to/into the bakeware and then back into the next batch of food; that there's no...
Slowly making my way through this.  Wasn't going to post but this could have been written by me.  Everything from starting in the summer, not being super strict, where I am health-wise,  and my admiration for Taubes' well researched books.  My moderate approach includes raw dairy.  I've lost 10lbs, which I don't do easily, and my digestion has improved GREATLY by cutting grains.  Now back to slowly plugging away....
Msg me privately with when you'll be in the UNM area and I will leave it out for you that day.
Did you all notice this article here at mdc? http://www.news.wisc.edu/21065
I was so surprised to see this on the Hot Topics in my email. My youngest is now 5, so I don't visit here too much and our nursing days are over.  But my three never used a pacifier.  So it's possible. I did have one child where it crossed my mind in the wee hours but come daytime I never went out and got one.  I now have nieces/nephews who make me so glad my kids didn't use one. They were weaned from the breast before age 1 but in my mind just got weaned to the paci.  I...
Yes,  message me with when you think you'll be in the area and I'll give you an address for pickup.
I'm in Abq near UNM if you still need one and are ever coming down this way.
I haven't read the posts, but if I were you, I'd maybe bring math workbooks so your kids could pick back up when they return to their school. Otherwise, I wouldn't bring much.  Some books to keep them reading. They are going to get an amazing education just BEING in another country. They will be learning foreign language (just some exposure), science (new weather systems and patterns, animals, natural science), social studies/cultures and religion.  They should explore...
Am considering BAI because I do need freedom and there's a sale right now. I actually already have an established CBE business but none of us are currently certified with any organization. I don't feel we NEED it but sometimes that little touch can lend some help.  One of us went through ALACE training and then they had all their turmoil, leaving a bad taste in her mouth.  I'd love to hear others' thoughts.