or Connect

Posts by StoJo

I hear ya. Best thing...ok, second best thing...about being pregnant and breastfeeding. I never got near the break you did! Definitely look into the diva cup! The tampon aisle is a part of my past. Good riddance.
My sister-in-law is getting ready to move to Oahu with only a month left in her pregnancy and needs some advice about finding a great CNM in the area. Right now she's especially interested in finding out about birth centers if there are any but would also consider the right hospital or home birth practice. Any input about midwifery personalities, practices, tendency toward interventions (or not) would be greatly appreciated. They will be living in Honolulu so that...
Yes, they do water births often.
What a great letter. You explain it so well.
BCBS has extended open season through January so you can actually change now to someone who will cover out-of-hospital birth.
The percentage of coverage for "out-of-network" providers will depend on what your particular blue cross policy states. There are several different bc/bs policies.
Thanks, Jenni. Here's the full letter from BirthCare: December 15, 2008 Attention: BirthCare Clients As you have been informed, our status as a BlueCross BlueShield In-Network provider may change. We are asking that you write a letter expressing your outrage about your covered options being taken from you. Describe in your own words why you feel that Birthing Centers and Out-of-Hospital options are necessary, the value of BirthCare services to you, your hopes and...
Thanks for posting that. Here's the full letter from BirthCare: December 15, 2008 Attention: BirthCare Clients As you have been informed, our status as a BlueCross BlueShield In-Network provider may change. We are asking that you write a letter expressing your outrage about your covered options being taken from you. Describe in your own words why you feel that Birthing Centers and Out-of-Hospital options are necessary, the value of BirthCare services to you, your...
Federal law may require them to offer Midwives in addition to OBs, but I don't believe it requires them to offer out-of-hospital. I'd love to be wrong on that one, so let me know where we can get that info.
Blue Cross/ Blue Shield has announced to BirthCare in Alexandria, the only CNM birth center/ home birth practice in the area, that they will be switching them to "out of network" in March. BC/BS customers must communicate to them that this is unacceptable. The type of care provided by BirthCare is not available elsewhere. Whether you have used BirthCare in the past, would like to use it in the future, or just believe that women should have choices for their births,...