or Connect

Posts by mammaguess

I second the PP who mentioned keeping them close to avoid discipline problems. That whole *room time* thing just seemed wrong to me. (who was that weird parenting expert that came up with that??) So I would say that preventing situations by having them with me has solved 98% of my discipline problems. Oh I could talk for ages about the difference it made but really try it and I won't have to.
Quote: Originally Posted by lilyka OK confessions of a lazy (unenlightened, uneducated confused but also in large part lazy) parent. so here is what I learned. Not all children are easy. Not all kids want to sleep. I had read about bedtime routiens but until I established one, wrote it out to the minute and followed it exactly every night to the letter (hating every minute of it) and stuck to a routien both daily and nightly doing things at almost...
I am in complete agreement with you Sandra!!
My experience of depression without medication was awful. I am in my thirties and have dealt with this since the seventh grade, probably longer. But that is another discussion. I have entire years that I can barely remember anything besides the anger, self-loathing and despair. The anger I feel when people talk in stereotypes and generalizations is tremendous. (I am not directing this at the OP, hopefully that will be understood) The happy pills or just pop...
Quote: Originally Posted by lilyka As I post please keep in mind I am the type of parent that would make most women on this board shudder. Lets just say I have lower standards oj a lot of things than women here and even when I do make good choices I am not all that inveested in them. SOoooooo with that in mind, OK few things struck me right from the beginning. It seems like you didn't like this child or trust her family from the first minute you...
I guess I am just stuck with the idea that while some people (and rightfullly so) don't like small talk, that is no reason to be mean. (not that anyone here is I am just thinking of my experiences) Usually a polite thank you is awesome and the body language of the customer tells you if they want to talk more or not....... No there are not such a thing as garlic flavored marshmellows. That was a joke. When people only buy two or three items, and the items are polar...
So here I am typing instead of doing my homework But I wonder if anyone else feels like there are no safe fluff topics to say to someone in passing IRL. Cause I am a cashier : and I am supposed to be personable while I am checking people out so I tend to say things like "what a lovely child" and "I adore big babies" etc and if someone buys marshmellows with garlic I might joke "yum garlic flavored marshmellows for dinner? can I come over?" I don't discuss...
Do they have snack time at preschool? The first thing that popped into my mind was they are letting her have some forbidden foods there because they think you are *nuts* ( or some more polite version). Good luck.
lucky duck
: lots o coffee w/ splenda I don't homeschool or do all organic. Hmmm, I don't have enough time to type all of my crunchy imperfections.