or Connect

Posts by IntrovertExtrovert

Please call your provider.  High blood pressure plus the chest pains and one-sided swelling you mentioned in the other thread are worrisome signs. 
Thanks for the suggestions!  French toast was a great idea.  Lately I've been having oatmeal with cinnamon and butter.  My anecdata agrees with the speculation about cinnamon helping to lower blood sugar--this morning I had 1 carb serving of oatmeal, with cinnamon, butter, and bacon on the side, and my 1 hour blood sugar was lower than when I first woke up!  And I didn't exactly go for a run after eating--my kid and I strolled around the house a few times. 
Just chiming in and joining in.  I had GD at the end of my pregnancy with my son 5 years ago, so I knew I would be tested early this time.  What I didn't count on were the revised guidelines, which are totally kicking my rear.  With my first pregnancy, my medical group used <100 for fasting and <140 1 hour pp.  As long as I had only 1 carb serving with breakfast and walked for about 15 minutes after breakfast, my numbers stayed fine the entire rest of the day, almost...
I'd like to join too.    EDD:  december 17th Age at conception/delivery:  36 What "number" child this is for you:  2 how long it took you to conceive: a bit over 2 years.  birth plans: hospital - trying for a VBAC
Quote: Originally Posted by Marnica http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20628441 I did some research about this study you quoted, and it seems to be a very sketchy study. The author touts the "review" it received from the Institute of Chronic Illnesses....which is a company registered at his own home address. Also, the author runs a business selling Chelation therapy, and has a more than tiny vested interest in convincing parents that their...
Anybody able to recommend a 2-story fire escape ladder that a 4 year old could (with help) climb down if necessary? There was a huge gas explosion last night in my area, and it has reminded me that I've always meant to buy fire escape ladders. Deets: Both bedrooms are on the 2nd floor of a 2-story townhouse with removable sliding windows. Not that I personally know how to remove them. That's also on my fire-safety list.
Hello, I'd like to join in. I'm not a very consistent poster, but I promise to try. Weekend Wrap-Up Name: Suzanne Age: 35 TTC #: 2 CD: 20 DPO (if applicable): 9 Testing: August 23rd Trying Since: March 2010 Plan for this Cycle: Link to Chart (if applicable): Thoughts: We're just starting out on the IF road. We didn't have any difficulties conceiving DS, so 7 cycles in and still waiting has been surprising. We both just started our workups with our...
I would talk to his teacher about whether this homework was mandatory or optional. As others have said, you really don't want him to associate school with punishment. At this age (heck, at any age) learning should be mostly enjoyable.
I guess for me it depends on what you consider a tantrum or meltdown. My just-turned 4 year old cries easily when he's upset or hurt (see my earlier post about crying), but I wouldn't call them meltdowns or tantrums. I consider a tantrum to be crying inconsolably because he's not getting his way, not able to do what he wants, or frustrated. The keys for me arebeing inconsolable or unable to calm himself lasting longer than just a minute or two Not due to being...
My son is a little similar. Two things that work pretty well for us (and I should do more often) are role playing and giving him things he could say or do. For example, he told me that he wanted to play with Evan at school, but Evan was already playing with Ben and didn't want to play with him. He felt rejected. We talked about how next time he could ask to join their game instead of walking up and asking just one person to leave the game to play with him. I gave...