or Connect

Posts by ladyelmo1

I'm feeling little movements too, every once in a while. So exciting!!!
I've also had good luck with the Nordic Naturals. One thing my MW suggested too, was to keep the fish oil pills in the freezer! She says that if you take them when they are frozen, by the time they thaw they are already past your stomach and in your small intestine, so they won't repeat on you.
Quote: Originally Posted by samstress your family sounds lovely (so does your house). Why thank you! Though I'm not sure I would call the house "lovely" - "weathered", "worn", and "lived-in" come to mind. It's like Wild America in here too - we've had hornets, ladybugs in vast quantities, mice, squirrels, bats, even snakes on occasion. Don't get me started on the snakes!!! Ugh. But we love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. There is...
I actually have a night when I'm not passed out on the couch and get to post to the weekly thread!!! Yay! Skrimpy: I'm so sorry to hear about your friend! Hugs to all who are still sick. I've been where you are, and I hope it is over SOON! My main problem has been overwhelming fatigue. I just can't keep up with my normal schedule, which with two kids and a full time job is a bit draining even when not pg. My dh works nights, so he isn't home much during the...
Essential Exercises for the Childbearing Year by Elizabeth Noble. I'm currently reading Misconceptions: Truth, Lies and the Unexpected on the Journey to Motherhood by Naomi Wolf. It's about the state of maternal care in the US and how that feels from the perspective of a pregnant woman. I love how she pulls the curtain off, but it's hard, emotionally, to read while pregnant. Anything by Ina May Gaskin. I like Dr. Sears as well. The VBAC Companion by Diana Korte. ...
Oh boy, it's my turn!!! tell us about your three little girls. how are they similar? how are they different? are they excited about your pregnancy? are they hoping for a little brother? All three of them are pretty high energy, dd2 the most. She is also the most emotional. At 5 she already has MAJOR mood swings, and always has. Dd1 is more cautious and reserved, but still pretty goofy. dd1 and dd2 both talk constantly. And I do mean constantly. We often accuse dd1...
No words just
Hugs to all the ladies who are feeling crappy! Hopefully it is over soon. About strange pg dreams: the other night I dreamt that I was puttering around the house with the new baby in my arms, dressed in the little red jumper I bought a while ago. My dad calls and it occurs to me that I hadn't called him yet to let him know that the baby got here last night. He asks me how the birth went and I realize I don't know, because I SLEPT through it! I had to go find my dh and...
I am so sorry.
watching that DVD put me into labor with my last baby!