or Connect

Posts by springbabes

Two of my kids started wearing underwear at 24 months but continued to have accidents for 3 months.  My other two kids that trained at 30 and 33 months only had a week's worth of accidents.  It's a trade-off but, I do feel like mopping up pee once or twice a day is worth it to having a kid completely trained at a young age so I wouldn't stop at this point.  I think a lot of accidents are normal for a young toddler and it's ok.  I bet he's almost there.
I'll be 38 next month and breastfed my 4 kids a total of 10 years.  My youngest weaned a year ago.  I'm very happy with my breasts considering all I've put them through.  They are still quite perky and pretty. I mean there is a small bit of droop that wasn't there when I was 20, but I think I would expect that at my age regardless!   I did start out small--probably a B cup.  I'm a 32D now thanks to an extra 20 pounds (some of it actually went to my boobs-yay!).  Besides...
A lot of upholstery fabric comes stain guarded.  The fabric on my dining room window seat and chairs wipes clean with a damp cloth.  I bought it for $6 a yard at Home Fabrics.
I just put my daughter in a private preschool (in someone's home) and was never asked for a vax record.  I did a preschool co-op for my son and again, was not asked to provide a record.  I've had to forgo daycare at the gym, however.  
I used Suzanne Smith for my homebirths.  I think she's part of the birthing center in Orem.  My youngest is almost 5 so I'm out of the birthing loop.   If you want to selectively vax, I would sign the form that exempts you from all.  It won't stop you from getting any vaxes that you want.  You can give the schools the exemption form and your child's vax record.  Otherwise, you have to pay  for separate forms for each vaccine you want to exempt from.  Once you sign...
I proudly have matching silverware.  For my wedding my mom's friend got me the Onieda service for 8 I registered for, and by complete chance, my best friend from college got me service for 4 in the same pattern.  A few years ago I noticed I was down to 5 teaspoons so I started checking out the silverware bins at thrift stores and have gotten lucky!  I've managed to get my teaspoon count back up to 12 and have at least 20 of everything else.  I also now have 2 sets of...
Microwaves--I use daily for heating leftovers and occasionally for defrosting meat.  I have a vintage pyrex addiction so I always use glass (besides the salad spinner a few canisters, I don't own any plastic).  None of my siblings own microwaves and I find it a huge production to heat leftovers at their houses.   Fluoride--We have a reverse osmosis that is supposed to remove some, but not all fluoride.  We use fluoride-free toothpaste.   Teflon--My cookware is...
Did he recently hit his mouth?  It usually takes a week or so after the injury for the grey to show up.  My 4-year-old has 2 grey front teeth and it's from falling on her mouth. The dentist says her teeth are dead.  And yes, the dead teeth developed cavities.  She will be having them filled next week, but the dentist assumes she will lose them early anyway.
Is it leaking along the bottom of the wall or higher up?  We had a shower leak along the bottom of the wall in the next room and it turned out the bottom of the shower wasn't sealed correctly, which turns out to be a fairly common problem.  The builder had installed cultured marble without any type of shower pan.  We had someone come in to remove the cultured marble, replace all the drywall around the shower (it was soaked), set a new shower pan, and tile the whole...
Honestly, there is nothing that sounds alarming or out of the ordinary with this boy.  I don't know any little boys who don't own Nerf guns so good luck with that.  Any child with teenage siblings is going to be exposed to song lyrics you find objectionable.  I really can't see rejecting a friend for you child based on him having teenage siblings.   Sure, it's annoying that he's into gender stereotypes but that is a very common 4-5 year-old way of thinking.  They...