or Connect

Posts by moonSnail

Kneadymama... It has been pretty quiet around here, but I have had a lot of success in networking through the yahoo groups Greater Portland Homeschoolers (GPH) and Homeschoolers in Portland (HIP).  Also Attachment Parents of pdx on facebook.  Someone just recommended the facebook page Portland Mama's Group as a good resource but I haven't checked it out yet.  I wish you the best of luck in moving.  The rental market is really competitive, so if you are renting and find...
Thanks so much for taking the time to offer your advice... I had heard of Village Home and we are wondering if we can swing it.  I just signed up for the GPH group!  We'll see where it takes us!
Hi there, My family is moving to Portland this weekend!  We've lived in Portland before and loved it... we are very excited but this time we are coming with two spunky kiddos, 5 and a half year old boy and 19 month old girl, and have no parent friends/network there.  We are landing in the Kenton area and would be thrilled to meet other awesome families nearby for playdates and general fun.  :)   Also, due to the stress of moving and being less than thrilled with...
Hello everyone! My family is moving to Portland from Eugene in August... and we are having terrible luck at finding a house!  My partner just got a great job and things are in the works....but we've lost about 7 houses so far, either not first in line or because we have pets (chocolate lab and mostly outdoor cat, both around 11 years old.  I am trying everything I possibly can (in addition to constant craigslist scanning, housing wanted ads, property management sites),...
Can anyone tell me anything about Arleta Elementary?  We are relocating to Portland from Eugene in August and my son is starting kindergarten in September.  We just passed on a duplex in the Grout Elementary school area because I didn't think we could cram our family of 4 plus a large dog and cat into 750 sq. ft. and no yard.  It is all we could find so far in our price range there.  We have an opportunity to maybe get a beautiful house with yard in the Arleta school...
Thank you!   
Looking for an awesome group of women... or even one other woman!... that wants to run the Dirty Dash with me in Eugene on June 29th.  I had a string of possible participants and, one at a time, each has backed out!  So now I am starting at 12:40 by myself... I can surely do it, but this is the kind of thing that just seems to be so much more fun when you have someone to throw mud at!  I'm not usually a runner (hence why all of my begrudging non-runner friends have...
I would love for you to tell me about some great programs inside Portland, even if it is only from first impression!  We have incredibly limited knowledge about the neighborhood schools.  My son is really active and sometimes hard to keep on task, but really sensitive.... so we are looking for schools that have positive, supportive behavior management and encourage family participation.  I'm way more concerned about a school's climate than test scores.  We don't have a...
What is great about the sw schools?  
My family and I (partner and two little ones... 5 and 1) are in the middle of transitioning to Portland from Eugene.  We will have our own place in August, right before my son begins kindergarten and I am hoping some of you Portland mamas can help me by filling me in on the neighborhood schools.  :)   My son is high energy, imaginative, very social, and very emotional.  He struggles with frustration tolerance, patience, transitions and an angry temper.  I am...