or Connect

Posts by Carita

Woohooo!   I already know what specialty folks are hiring.  At least one of them looks like a good fit. I think I may apply there... I believe that applications are due over break, so I just have to get through this semester... *sigh*  Fall semester is always the hardest!
I am totally have a case of "grass is always greener".  I now have a new Dept Chair.  Much more difficult to work with... Love the new higher up admin (president).  It has great potential, but potential won't lower the course load or up the salary and benefits... Love that I get to pick what I want to teach, hate that scheduling is a bear and that no one but the president and maybe 1 colleague understand what the heck I do for research.   A few other jobs are open...
For a local job, they actually did a phone interview with me, and they did not require me to do the AMS (in my case math ;) ) interviews.  I in the end got short-listed, and got a PostDoc offer...  so I think it still worked...
how odd that no one got the position when possibley qualified people were abound, but i bet its about budgets.   I ended up just straight up telling my boss that I was not trying to be diffficult, it just was a financial incentive driving me.  She doesn't have kids, and I don't think she realized that it might be important not just in terms of being with your kid after school, but also because it is freaking $$$ to have daycare essentially every year even after they...
Hi all,   I have been laergey absent but need a place to ask a ?/vent.   Scheduling is happening.  Does anyone else work at a small school with high teaching load?  It's nuts here.  I have these awful teaching schedules, essential bowlings splits both MWF and TR (so teaching 8-9, 2:30-4:30 MWF and 9:30-11, 2-3:30 TR I think).  I can only help DH with 2/10 drop-off, pick-ups.  When i was going to be able to pick up on a couple days, DH and I were arranging an...
Oh, geez I feel like I dropped off the face of the planet. Online portfolio went really well...used google docs. But then school strews and well, didn't get any of my dissertation done between the portfolio and moving and lack of childcare. Ugh Now fall break, should be spent on dissertation, will probably be spent catching up on grading. I've got 3 new preps essentially because of new books. But next semester is lookin like a sweet schedule, I am psyched. Cross...
I am at a non tt school, and I love the balance of time, but I don't get paid particularly well. Research is only when I have time, not demanded, so i don't have to choose work over kids, though I do spend time grading over vacation, etc. You'll find the right fit for you, just choose your passion. The job you would be the best fit for is probably the one that will want to hire you anyway. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I work at a rural teaching college, no writing group other than for students. Its alsoabout the research time. I have to write code, not prose. I asked for a research accountability partner and my boss volunteered, but.she wrote me 2 emails all summer. I had another accountability partner that also flaked, and I totally flaked on this thread. Grrr Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
I suck. nuff said. I need to get back on track, but how? Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
I've been working on my retention portfolio. What a pita. Lol. I really feel like I am doing it a disservice though because I put it off. Has anyone ever seen anything special or cool on these from a math person? Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk