or Connect

Posts by mama1803

Anyone read this?     http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110322/lf_nm_life/us_peanut_allergy 
We are using all of the above also and have been impressed with how well it is all working.  We use amla for vit. C for everyday supplementation and will resort to sodium ascorbate when noses get really runny.  We also use the Thorne MTHF folate.  We have a liquid quercentin by Source Naturals and our methyl B12 is by Jarrow.    I've also read that stinging nettles is very effective for respitory allergies, though I have no personal experience with it.    
Given the family history of asthma and eczema, I would guess that what your LO experienced was an allergic reaction.  I think you are correct in being cautious with nuts.   My family and dh's family both have a history of respitory allergies but not food allergies.  My ds had eczema for over a year before being diagnosed with a peanut allergy.  His only exposure prior to being tested was through breastmilk.  His reaction to ingesting peanuts (at an oral challenge at...
This is our situation also. We buy alot from Polyface (whose prices have gone up since last year btw) and at local farmers markets.  Even for what we do buy at the grocery store there aren't usually coupons available (if only I could get my hands on coupons for things like Kerrygold butter and coconut oil!).    My attempts to lower our food costs are currently centered around growing more of our own food and becoming better at meal planning to avoid waste and allow for...
We use it at the first sign of illness--colds, flu, coughing, sore throat,  etc.  Vitamin C is also a natural anti-histimine so it works great for respitory allergy flare-ups.  
We used to use the NOW brand and loved it till we found out it was made from GMO corn.  
  Are they taking sodium ascorbate by any chance?  My dd gets really painfully red and raw looking down there when she takes sodium ascorbate for illness.  I have read here on MDC about s.a. having this effect on others as well.  
If you cannot get a script for the nystatin, you might want to try s. boulardii (I use the Jarrow brand).  It is a good yeast that kills off the bad yeast.  And then you'd want to take a multi-strain good probiotic to populate the areas where the bad yeasts are dying off.   As for the mercury detox--maybe lots of sodium ascorbate and/or clay?
I read this also.  I think it was in one of Michael Pollan's books...was it Omnivore's Dilemna where he purchased a calf and went to visit it at the feedlot? 
We love Kerrygold butter here, both for the taste and the fact that is 100% grass-fed.  Now if only I could get my hands on some coupons...