or Connect

Posts by veggiemomNYC

I don't want to guess your son's ethnic background because he is so young but your daughter looks like she has a combination of Asian/South American features. But...she definitely looks more Asian to me in her eyes, mouth, nose, and shape of her face. I used to live in Chinatown and many Chinese children look a lot like her but with different hair. Both of your children are very beautiful.
I definitely think it would be impossible to tell. There is variation in all groups. I live in a little India and here I have met many full blooded Indians with natural green/blue eyes and also I've met full blooded Indian children with natural platinum blonde hair. My college roommate was a full blooded Chinese woman with very curly hair. My Korean friend, who had wavy hair, would used a Japanese straightening system to make her hair very straight. My Chinese...
I wouldn't worry too much. The world is getting smaller and smaller. The United States is more diverse with each passing day. We have a president named Barack Hussein Obama. Names that reflect a child's heritage are the most beautiful.
For me it was fate. In our freshman year at college, my husband and I lived across the hall from each other. We both had never dated anyone but after spending time together within a month we had decided that we want to marry. That was 10 years ago and I really don't feel like I started living my life until I met him. I don't think I would've ever married if it wasn't for him.
I'm white and my husband is from Fujian, China. In the beginning it was very rough. Before we married my in-laws did everything they could to try to break us up. My husband is the only child and his parents had a lot of preconceived notions about white people. They thought things like white people were more likely to divorce and didn't cook. They were also afraid that our children would lose their ethnic culture and not be raised in the Chinese way. What made it...
My son has one on his back. I didn't realize they were called that. He is now 2 years old and it hasn't faded away yet. I find it really cute.
I’m white and my husband is Chinese. We don’t use the term Hapa. We usually say Eurasian or 100% Chinese and 100% white but never half of anything. Half always sounds derogatory to me in that it seems like less than someone who is whole. I have had white people (and other non-asians) say very racist things about my husband and child. I usually just assume that they are unaware of the fact that they are being racist and I try to explain to them how they are being...
I honestly don't think it is possible but good luck anyway. I live in Jackson Heights in an unglamorous coop. Although, we own, there are renters in my building paying at least $1800 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment. But...I also live in the part of Jackson Heights near Woodside. Where in Jackson Heights are you looking?
I don't think there is a bad time of year to go. My son is not even 2 and we go all the time. The all inclusive ticket is definitely worth it. My son's favorite is the children's zoo but he does enjoy everything. I hope you enjoy everything too!