or Connect

Posts by forrestguy

I agree that three is awful. Personally, I didn't find four that much better. Go ahead and send em to preschool. Both my kids went to preshool and we are homeschooling now. Homeschooling nine and six year old boys looks way different then staying home with a baby and a three year old. I remember how awful it was. I used to have really ugly thoughts about both my kids when they were three. And it's so confusing because just a year or so earlier they were these perfect...
I feel for you, my five y/o is exhibiting some of those tendencies, too. I don't know if you can just 'put a stop to it' right away. It's going to take time. Try to get a dialogue going, in a non blaming way, about what is going on in his head or his feelings when he's about to hurt someone. Maybe there's an underlying reason that you can find out and work through. It might take lots of gentle discussions to find out the root. Also, give him a solid, concrete plan of...
just remember, everyone has bad days whether you're homeschooling or not. People have bad public school days and bad homeschool days. I would take a break from the curriculum and go on a field trip. Kim mom to three loving boys
Exactly! My six y/o has no idea when to stop or any sense of personal space or boundaries. He's used to being on the offensive, too, because when my older son has friends over and they don't want to play with him he ends up throwing stuff at them or telling them he hates them. It's very discouraging and tiring.
I'm sure they do pick up on my tension. I need to relax, and also realize that not everyone is judging me. Instead of being so worried about what everyone else is thinking, just share my fears or concerns. It's hard, though, because people do judge you based on how your kids act and I guess that's somewhat valid, except that my kids act way different at friends houses then they do at my house. They also act way different when they're separated then when they're...
Member Join Date: Mar 2008 Posts: 70 Credits: 0 [Check] Rating: 0% (0) afraid to go on playdates -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Especially with new kids. I'm the one that's afraid, not my kids, because I don't trust that they'll act like civilized people. And it's mostly my almost six y/o son. He's been asking for friends, asking, and asking, so we finally met a kid close to his age who is also...
sorry about that last post. I meant to start a new thread, not to reply.
Especially with new kids. I'm the one that's afraid, not my kids, because I don't trust that they'll act like civilized people. And it's mostly my almost six y/o son. He's been asking for friends, asking, and asking, so we finally met a kid close to his age who is also homeschooling and they seemed to get along, but then he had a playdate over at the kid's house and when I picked him up the mom was visibly at the end of her rope and said it was pretty rough. Then today...
Thank you for this reminder! I find myself coming down HARD on my husband when he gets cranky or frustrated with my two boys, even though I often feel the same way. There is definately a double standard.
My ex husband and I get along well, we do four days with me, three with him. We homeschool so that we'll both be able to spend lots of time with the kids and to minimize the transitions they go through. I am plagued by guilt, though, about them having to live in two different places. I grew up going to my dad's every weekend and I hated the transition and swore I would never do that to my kids, and here I am. I've done it to my kids. They seem happy and well adjusted,...