or Connect

Posts by forrestguy

My son's best friend, our neighbor,is in public school and just moved to this country two years ago and has a dad who is not involved. Needless to say, this kid has self esteem issues and has had to fight to fit in at a rough public school with his 'weird' accent. We just made a new hsing friend who is just the opposite. Very sensitive, articulate, used to talking to adults, and also happens to have a very feminine name. I hosted a French club at my house and invited...
I am right there with you! I am homeschooling nine and six year old boys and have a baby. I even threatened sending them to school last week because they were fighting so much. My nine y/o has started lying, too. He'll slap his brother in the face, while I'm watching, and say it was an accident. And then, when I give him the, don't be ridiculous I saw you do it look, he acts all indignant, like how could I dare accuse him of lying. It is rough, rough, rough. I...
three year olds. I have the hardest time with them. Both my kids went through the same thing at three. He's testing his limits and boundaries. When my kids did that my first thought was that this is my body and I have a right to protect my body from being hurt. I would physically remove myself, or him, and let him know that I could be with him again when he was ready to be gentle because what he was doing was hurting my body. Just don't freak out because then he's...
wow, that last post had some great tips for all ages. I still do almost all of those things with my nine year old. It just starts to get hard when you're tired and have other kids or chores putting demands on you and you just don't have the patience. It's so worth it to stay patient, though. I notice that when I get angry with my kids, it just fuels their negative behavior and we all get into this icky cycle. I did so great with my first one, the first three years,...
we just went through this with my nine month old. He woke up every hour the other night, screaming and inconsolable. I figured out his problem, though. My husband had been laying him down at night, instead of me, and I was trying to not nurse him so much at night and had been laying him on his little bed that we made for him, right next to ours. I think he was missing me and being close to me at night. Last night I kept him close to me and nursed on demand and he...
If you are sure in your choices then there's no reason to get mad at her. She sounds pretty ignorant to me. Wait till she has a baby, then she might get it.
Me too, I love feeling my husband close to me in the middle of the night and rolling over for a sleepy love making session. We moved our tiny crappy couch next to our bed and put a baby mattress on it. Our baby rarely sleeps all the way on our makeshift couch baby bed, but at least he can be on the edge of our bed without me worrying about him rolling off. This gives us enough room to quietly and gently be intimate in the middle of the night.
before you think about breaking up, you should talk to him about it. tell him clearly what you need and see how he responds. these things take time, though. it might take him a while to put up some clear boundaries and stick with them.
My boys just left for the night and I'm here with my baby, thinking how awesome it is to have some peace quiet and have my house stay clean for more than 15 minutes at a time. It's really tough to stay home all day with three boys. Some days it's really really hard not to go ahead and put them in school. My oldest is almost nine, my middle is almost six. I think to myself, they've had alot of time at home and it would be okay for them to go to school. There's just...
I haven't read the other posts, so I don't know if anyone else has suggested Chet Gecko private eye. It's slightly naughty. My son doesn't like to read, but he loved these. They also come on audio. Another good one is Bunnicula, about the vampire bunny.