or Connect

Posts by forrestguy

My kids always want to have friends over and we've got enough hsing friends now that we could actually do that but I get so sick of it. It is difficult and stressful for me, having kids over. I used to think that they needed to see friends at least every other day, now I'm thinking once a week. And here's the other thing, I'd like to have some structured activities with their friends. Like I'd like to get the mom together and for all of us to sit down for at least...
I am remarried now but have homeschooled as a single parent for the last three years. And, even being remarried, I still sort of feel like a single parent to my boys since we don't live with their dad. I'm so lucky in that my ex-husband is very pro-homeschool and takes them three days a week so I can work. I started a small housecleaning business b/c it was the only way I knew to make enough money only working two days a week and to choose my schedule. However...my ex...
The best cure for my son wanting to go to school was to go to school. He got over it pretty quick after that and was ready to be home again. But they're all different.
I loved Elvira when I was a kid!
She might really be just so busy that she doesn't want to stop. Mabe she's discovered some new thing she likes or is good at and does not want to pull herself away. My five y/o, who has been potty trained since three and never had accidents started having accidents when he want to camp this summer because he didn't want to stop playing. Don't beat yourself up about losing it. Just apologize and try again. My older son laughs sometimes when I get mad. It drives me nuts!
just goes to show all kids are different. my son is terrified of the grinch but has seen all the spidermans and lord of the rings, star wars, indiana jones. Sauron and Darth Vader are just fine but not the Grinch. He has had this fear since three y/o and is eight now. He has never been so afraid of any other character in a movie.
I like that idea about shirt chewers being gifted. Why do highly intelligent people also have to be so neurotic? I made him a necklace and it's really helped. His shirts are no longer getting destroyed. I started him on some really good multi vitamins. He goes to the dentist regularly and his teeth are great. I have wondered, though, if this has anything to do with losing the permanent teeth. I saw his x-ray and it's amazing how those adult teeth and baby teeth all...
Wow. Thanks for sharing. I know it's not easy to talk about our shadow sides. So true about not making it personal. I will remember that. Talk about the action, not the person. Also about over compensating. I've done that, too. It doesn't help. Isn't it sad how all of the good things you've done for your kids seem to slip out of memory with just one screw up. I completely focus on the bad stuff I've done instead of all the good stuff, which is alot.
Who says nasty things to their children and then later, like, laying in bed at night, really regrets it. I read these posts and you guys all seem like such patient, wonderful moms who would never say a harmful word to their children. I just lose it sometimes. Yesterday I called my 8 y/o a little s@@@ when he whacked his brother in the face with a backpack and a few months ago I told him that sometimes I thought he was a bad person after he had punched his brother in the...
Maybe I'm repeating, I haven't read the other posts. Asking them politely for three weeks to clean their room and then freaking out and getting mad when they don't do it is not really fair. They are not going to clean up their room until you make them. Give them an hour, maybe. Not three weeks. I tell them that they need to have their room clean by this time or else...fill in the blank. No computer time, no playing with friends, no dessert. If they whine, just...