or Connect

Posts by forrestguy

Great idea about the necklace! Thanks. I'm so glad to hear that we're not the only ones. Kim
My son has been chewing on his shirts for probably three years now. It goes off and on but it's been about a year now that he's been doing it continuously. It's very annoying because he ruins his shirts. We had a baby in Nov. and it's been nice because he's using the baby's teethers instead but I'm wondering if this is a nervous habit or if there is something going on physiologically with his teeth. My five y/o doesn't do it and I've got to say that my older one is...
My kids both went through a cussing phase and it ended. I think the main reason to stop them is that it's socially unacceptable and could hinder their relationships with other people.
I have eight and five y/o boys and this wrestling thing has been something I have been confused about for a while. We now have the rule that they cannot pretend to shoot us, meaning the grown ups or other people they don't know but they can pretend to shoot their friends as long as their friends are okay with it. The problem we've had with wrestling is that inevitably someone gets hurt and mad. It gets really tricky when there's a friend over because sometimes, esp. if...
Just wanted to add that boredom is not necessarily a bad thing. I think it's unrealistic to think that you can or should be entertaining kids 24/7. They need to get bored so that they can think up stuff to do. Other then that, sounds like you need some help and personally I know no mamas with five kids that are not losing it. I napped every day with my third pregnancy. My four y/o was in preschool and my 8 y/o played on the computer. You need your time to rest and be...
I agree, you've got to ask for what you want, not hint around about it. If the other people don't like it, that's their problem, at least you are stating your needs.
I think being violent towards animals and putting things in butts are both red flags. My 6 y/o is a nut in many respects and hyper and crazy and fights rough with his brother and throws huge tantrums but is gentle with animals and babies and not into others butts. What to do, though, call CPS? Do you talk to the parents about it or would they be defensive? I would worry about a kid like that being around my kids b/c usually if kids are being abused I think they are...
My boys are three years apart, they are 5 and 8 now. What you are describing sounds oh so normal and very familiar. Hang in there! It will not last forever. Baby your older one as much as you can. If it will save your sleep and your husband is okay with it, set up a temporary bed for him in your room. Let him be a baby. It will not last long and he will get the reassurance that he's looking for that you still love him and will still take care of him, even with a new...
I was just thinking this today, about the food. We eat really good at home, but at this camp they feed the crappiest food. He is one who has a very strong reaction to sugar, too. I'm wondering about getting him tested for allergies because I know gluten can have a big imapct on behavior, too. Thanks to everyone for all the feedback. Kim
I don't feel like he's being abused, that was just what I had heard about those "other" kids who had issues with peeing, that it could be the result of abuse. He does like camp and yes, it was intentional the peeing on the other kid. That's what's so bad about it. The counselors have told us that they will kick him out if there's one more incident and we have told him that. Talking to him, though, it just goes in and out and he usually doesn't remember stuff for more...