or Connect

Posts by mcsarahb

Hello wonderful mamas- I haven't been on here for a long time but some of you old-timers may remember me. I have a friend who just had twin girls and is in need of a little breastmilk for the next couple of days, until her milk comes in full-force. Is there anyone who might have a little stash in their freezer or who would be willing to pump once or twice for this mama? I would in a heartbeat if I were still lactating. Please PM or email me if you can help....
Lisa, it sounds to me exactly like teething. It is a little strange that it would only be at night, two nights in a row, but believable. If she is totally fine during the day and you know she's truly teething, I would chalk it up to that, personally. But if it happens again tonight or gets worse, def. call your doc tomorrow morning. Either way, trust your mama intuition! Sounds tough - I feel for you and A! Hope jstar is happily back home and continuing to heal. What a...
Ditto what Meg said - hope healing comes quickly and life gets back to normal very soon. Sarah
OMG Juice, pulling a *dead* skunk out of a fence is definitely up there on my list of disgusting gross-outs. Bleeeeaaaccchh. You are a fierce warrior-mama. That one would qualify for my rare playing of the "that's what men are for, honey" card. Heading to the hospital today *not* for baby-catching call but to work with a lactation consultant doing outpatient follow-ups. I'm looking forward to it. I would really like to have more training in lactation and make that one...
Good morning, lovelies- You are all an amazing bunch of mamas. I'm thinking of each and every one of you. Hugs for sick kiddos, sick mamas, missed massages, absent DHs, annoying DPs, lumpy-headed babies, money worries, and anxiety issues. I'm glad HJ is feeling better and I hope this is the end of winter sickness for the MMamas. Sheesh. I am doing well and too busy, as usual. No birth action last night, which I honestly didn't mind. This quarter is coming to a close...
Oooh jstar, the yard looks great! What a nice deck/porch/patio. Our DHs should get together and talk man-talk about their recent decks sometime. Mine is out there right now, as-a-matter-of-fact. And I love the quilts. So cute. You are so crafty! I didn't know Amy had Lily's pic on her card. That is cool. Sorry you had a poopy photo shoot at Sears. Fiddle - thinking of you, too. Hope the job stitch resolves. Nothing I hate worse than an unsure future with something that...
Quote: Originally Posted by meesa143 I haven't posted in a while, I have been reading though. I've been down the last few days with horrible back pain. I thought it might be kidney stones, but I did an u/s at work and there is nothing. Then, af showed up yesterday and today I feel better *shrug* I have endometriosis, so I'm thinking maybe it's something connected with that, but who knows. Low back pain is a very common symptom of that. I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by Reha I totally feel this way too. Also about 0.01% of the time. But, I know what you mean. The thing that convinces me that I am absolutely on the right path: I can't imagine NOT doing this work. It feels right, even when I feel overwhelmed and rather stupid for choosing this lifestyle. I know that even if I take a break, I will be coming back for more. ITA with both of you. It's a huge responsibility and...
Crocosmia They might be a bit more orange than that, not such a deep red. Maybe more like this: Close-up They're bulbs, and they spread like crazy - you have to separate them every few years if you don't want them everywhere. But they're gorgeous.
I am here, reading with no time to post these days. Thinking of all the sick mamas and babes and DHs. Thinking of you, Danile, packing and in school. Whew. I got the big news yesterday that I will be doing my integration on time and thus graduating in June with everyone else. It is such good news, youo totally don't understand. I feel 300% better - it's like a huge black cloud has lifted. The actual sun here helps, too. But I am just so relieved, and think the whole...