or Connect

Posts by mamaof5boys

Do you know how to muscle test, or cold you use a pendulum to see which of the essential oils you have would be good to use?  Are your oils theraputic quality?  If I were choosing for myself, I would probably consider-  Ravensara (antitumoral, antiviral, antibacterial), Melaleuca Alternifolia (powerful antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antiparasitic, anti-inflammatory), Oregano- depending on where it is located on the body, ALWAYS dilute with a carrier oil.  You...
5 boys... and yes, yes, yes to PP!! ;)
 Well, I guess it could be... It just doesn't look like the conjunctivitis I've seen before. It seems like with my kiddos they have had it in one eye only. My concern was something like a bacterial infection. How long do you let something like this go on to see if it resolves on it's own? His brother now is presenting with slight red in one of his eyes so I'm wondering if it is something contagious....Thanks for the feedback! 
Anyone??? It's not conjunctivitis....
My unvaxed 3 yr old has had gasteroenteritis for the past couple of days, plus my older kiddos have all had an upper respiratory virus the last several weeks.  Today my LOs eyes are very red, goopy and puffy.  They started to get red a couple of days ago, today it is substantially worse.  This happened to one of my kiddos last year and I remember the doctor saying they don't mess around with infections in the eyes and gave us gentamiacin drop to use for 3 days.   I...
Obviously my comments have triggered something for you.  This is my opinion, and my experience, and I appreciate your response, however, I would appreciate respect regarding my comments as well.  There is more to the situation than I could ever explain, and unless you have walked in my shoes it is completely unfair to make blanket statements.  Of course I do not believe that anyone intentionally  asks for a mental illness, or cancer, or any illness, however, how one...
I don't have a lot of time to write, but just wanted to say hugs to you all!! OP I just wanted to share that I completely hear you when you share your concerns about your DH and DS. It could eat me alive if I lived in constant fear about it, but the reality of it is mental illness or not, it was a choice. I completely get that my DH was not in a mental state to change the decision he made, but there was absolutely nothing I could've done to change it. Likewise with my...
Oh... Thank you for the information about the ipecac! Glad to hear she's feeling better!!!
Why ipecac? To vomit the thick mucus?   I have read about people going into high altitude (I think 10,000 feet for at least thirty minutes) substantially gets rid of symptoms.  You can google it to see articles.  Sounds like people would charter planes to do this.  I wonder if driving into a higher elevation would work too?  Sorry- didn't see where you live.  So sorry you have to deal with this mama!!
We have used aquaphor in the past and if I remember correctly, it's vaseline based.  Needless to say we don't use it anymore.  Have you ever used vaseline for your lips?  Once you start you have to use it or your skin gets worse.    I LOVE Lansinoh, or a lanolin based product.  Lansinoh is made specifically for breastfeeding mamas, but it work beautifully on dry skin.  It's super thick and greasy so I put it on and then put gloves on when I sleep, or I'll put some on...